Quantcast

Getting bounces from only one server

Marco Pizzoli
Dear all,
I need to find a workaround an issue I am facing due to the limitation of an external product I am using to send/receive emails.

Long story short:
- 2 postfix servers acting both as sending as receiving servers from/to the Internet.
- 1 application server sending to the Internet via both of them
- the application server is capable of getting bounce information polling via POP3 ONLY one location

So my need is to get the bounces only via server1.
Is there a way to accomplish this?
Somewhat like a DSN relay?

I am open for suggestions...

I am already thinking about migrating the POP3 server to Dovecot and making use of its "sync" capabilities, but again I would appreciate hearing other ideas...

Thank you in advance
Marco

Re: Getting bounces from only one server

Matthew McGehrin
Hello,

On Server2, configure bounce_notice_recipient to a e-mail address that
is located on server1.

By default it's using Postmaster.

Otherwise, on Server2, forward mail from the Postmaster account to server2.