Gmail discard my emails

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gmail discard my emails

Christian Schmitz
Hi,
I have a small postfix server with the following data:
-6 emails accounts
-2 users ( my wife and me).
-No spam or UCE never.
- Fixed IP
- SSL certificate from certbot.
- SPF records are OK.
- No Blacklisted
-Email politics published ( requred by hotmail)

All work, but the problem is when i send to gmail. I dont know why gmail
accept my email but discard silentrly.

2018-05-07T09:38:23.969642-03:00 schweb postfix/smtp[26859]:
        Untrusted TLS connection established to
        gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.190.27]:25:
        TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 (128/128 bits)
2018-05-07T09:38:26.022482-03:00 schweb postfix/smtp[26859]:
        343BF39998: to=<***my_friend***@gmail.com>,
        relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.190.27]:25, delay=3.8,
        delays=0.46/0.03/1.4/1.9, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1525696705
         b191si705526qkg.318 - gsmtp)
2018-05-07T09:38:26.024434-03:00 schweb postfix/qmgr[2976]:
        343BF39998: removed

What i can do to improve the server or fix that?
Best Regards
Christian

--
Be Free, Be Linux
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gmail discard my emails

Bjoern Franke
Hi,

>
> 2018-05-07T09:38:23.969642-03:00 schweb postfix/smtp[26859]:
> Untrusted TLS connection established to
> gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.190.27]:25:
> TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 (128/128 bits)
> 2018-05-07T09:38:26.022482-03:00 schweb postfix/smtp[26859]:
> 343BF39998: to=<***my_friend***@gmail.com>,
> relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.190.27]:25, delay=3.8,
> delays=0.46/0.03/1.4/1.9, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1525696705
> b191si705526qkg.318 - gsmtp)


Where do you see a discard here?

Regards
Bjoern
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gmail discard my emails

Durga Prasad Malyala
Hi,
A discard is not visible to us. Pls check the spam folder in Gmail.

Rgds/DP
9849111010

Sent from my iPhone. Pls excuse brevity and typos if any.

> On 07-May-2018, at 7:06 PM, Bjoern Franke <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>>
>> 2018-05-07T09:38:23.969642-03:00 schweb postfix/smtp[26859]:
>>    Untrusted TLS connection established to
>>    gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.190.27]:25:
>>    TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 (128/128 bits)
>> 2018-05-07T09:38:26.022482-03:00 schweb postfix/smtp[26859]:
>>    343BF39998: to=<***my_friend***@gmail.com>,
>>    relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.190.27]:25, delay=3.8,
>>    delays=0.46/0.03/1.4/1.9, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1525696705
>>     b191si705526qkg.318 - gsmtp)
>
>
> Where do you see a discard here?
>
> Regards
> Bjoern
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gmail discard my emails

Christian Schmitz
In reply to this post by Bjoern Franke
> Hi,
>
> > 2018-05-07T09:38:23.969642-03:00 schweb postfix/smtp[26859]:
> > Untrusted TLS connection established to
> > gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.190.27]:25:
> > TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 (128/128 bits)
> > 2018-05-07T09:38:26.022482-03:00 schweb postfix/smtp[26859]:
> > 343BF39998: to=<***my_friend***@gmail.com>,
> > relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.190.27]:25, delay=3.8,
> > delays=0.46/0.03/1.4/1.9, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK
> > 1525696705 b191si705526qkg.318 - gsmtp)
>
> Where do you see a discard here?
>
> Regards
> Bjoern
On Monday 07 May 2018 10:36:41 Bjoern Franke wrote:
Dear:
When i do a phone call to my friend i am sure that email is not arrived to
inbox, and not arrived to spam folders.
Best Regards
Christian


--
Be Free, Be Linux
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gmail discard my emails

Matthias Egger-2
Hi Christian,

On 05/07/2018 04:06 PM, Christian Schmitz wrote:
>>> 2018-05-07T09:38:23.969642-03:00 schweb postfix/smtp[26859]:
>>> Untrusted TLS connection established to
>>> gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.190.27]:25:
>>> TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 (128/128 bits)
>>> 2018-05-07T09:38:26.022482-03:00 schweb postfix/smtp[26859]:
>>> 343BF39998: to=<***my_friend***@gmail.com>,
>>> relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.190.27]:25, delay=3.8,
>>> delays=0.46/0.03/1.4/1.9, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK
>>> 1525696705 b191si705526qkg.318 - gsmtp)
The Mail has been overgiven to gmail without an error. So if the mail
does not get into the inbox of your friend, this is not the fault of
your mailserver but of gmail.

You can not do anything at all here.

BUT

I had a similar issue a few weeks ago where a client wanted to forward
some mails through our mailserver to his gmail account. He did a lot of
testings but no email came to his gmail inbox.

I could just explain the very same as above, that our server did
everything it should and that the problem resides on gmails side.

He did not believe this so i did some testings with GMX and with my
private mail server. And there everything worked like a charm. But he
still believed, that the fault had to be on our side.

It turned out, that gmail silently discarded all emails coming from mail
accounts that where configured to be "sent as" by gmail. So when he had
set (i just translate this from german, so it could be they are named
differently) Gmail -> Settings -> Accounts and Import -> Send as: with
some email addresses (not gmail, they where all from other providers)
and then sent a testmail from one of these (other providers) accounts
through our server (i know, who does such things?) they got silently
discarded.

Maybe something like this is the same problem here?

Best regards
Matthias

--
Matthias Egger
ETH Zurich
Department of Information Technology          [hidden email]
and Electrical Engineering
IT Support Group (ISG.EE), ETF/D/102          Phone +41 (0)44 632 03 90
Sternwartstrasse 7, CH-8092 Zurich            Fax   +41 (0)44 632 11 95


smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Gmail discard my emails

L.P.H. van Belle
In reply to this post by Christian Schmitz
Have a look.

https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/checkmx/check?domain=schweb.com.ar&dkim_selector= 
schweb.com.ar
There were some critical problems detected with this domain. Mail-flow is probably affected. Please refer to the corresponding help articles to fix these.

Your base setup is ok, you could reduce your SPF record from:
"v=spf1 mx a ptr ip4:24.232.174.73 mx:schweb.com.ar a:schlabs.com.ar a:sys-arquitectura.cl -all"
To
"v=spf1 mx a:sys-arquitectura.cl -all"

You might need to validate your domain. I had the same problem few years ago.
You need a txt record : google-site-verification=.......

Once validated and this added in your domain no problems anymore.
Ms as simular services.


Greetz,

Louis

> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> Van: [hidden email]
> [mailto:[hidden email]] Namens Christian Schmitz
> Verzonden: maandag 7 mei 2018 16:06
> Aan: [hidden email]
> Onderwerp: Re: Gmail discard my emails
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > > 2018-05-07T09:38:23.969642-03:00 schweb postfix/smtp[26859]:
> > > Untrusted TLS connection established to
> > > gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.190.27]:25:
> > > TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 (128/128 bits)
> > > 2018-05-07T09:38:26.022482-03:00 schweb postfix/smtp[26859]:
> > > 343BF39998: to=<***my_friend***@gmail.com>,
> > > relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.190.27]:25, delay=3.8,
> > > delays=0.46/0.03/1.4/1.9, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK
> > > 1525696705 b191si705526qkg.318 - gsmtp)
> >
> > Where do you see a discard here?
> >
> > Regards
> > Bjoern
> On Monday 07 May 2018 10:36:41 Bjoern Franke wrote:
> Dear:
> When i do a phone call to my friend i am sure that email is
> not arrived to
> inbox, and not arrived to spam folders.
> Best Regards
> Christian
>
>
> --
> Be Free, Be Linux
>
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gmail discard my emails

Christian Schmitz
> Have a look.
>
> https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/checkmx/check?domain=schweb.com.ar&dkim
>_selector= schweb.com.ar
> There were some critical problems detected with this domain. Mail-flow is
> probably affected. Please refer to the corresponding help articles to fix
> these.
>
> Your base setup is ok, you could reduce your SPF record from:
> "v=spf1 mx a ptr ip4:24.232.174.73 mx:schweb.com.ar a:schlabs.com.ar
> a:sys-arquitectura.cl -all" To
> "v=spf1 mx a:sys-arquitectura.cl -all"
>
> You might need to validate your domain. I had the same problem few years
> ago. You need a txt record : google-site-verification=.......
>
> Once validated and this added in your domain no problems anymore.
> Ms as simular services.
>
>
> Greetz,
>
> Louis
>
> > -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> > Van: [hidden email]
> > [mailto:[hidden email]] Namens Christian Schmitz
> > Verzonden: maandag 7 mei 2018 16:06
> > Aan: [hidden email]
> > Onderwerp: Re: Gmail discard my emails
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > > 2018-05-07T09:38:23.969642-03:00 schweb postfix/smtp[26859]:
> > > > Untrusted TLS connection established to
> > > > gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.190.27]:25:
> > > > TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 (128/128 bits)
> > > > 2018-05-07T09:38:26.022482-03:00 schweb postfix/smtp[26859]:
> > > > 343BF39998: to=<***my_friend***@gmail.com>,
> > > > relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.190.27]:25, delay=3.8,
> > > > delays=0.46/0.03/1.4/1.9, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK
> > > > 1525696705 b191si705526qkg.318 - gsmtp)
> > >
> > > Where do you see a discard here?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Bjoern
> >
> > On Monday 07 May 2018 10:36:41 Bjoern Franke wrote:
> > Dear:
> > When i do a phone call to my friend i am sure that email is
> > not arrived to
> > inbox, and not arrived to spam folders.
> > Best Regards
> > Christian
> >
> >
> > --
> > Be Free, Be Linux
On Monday 07 May 2018 11:48:16 L.P.H. van Belle wrote:

Maybe i misunderstood some, ( the english is not my natural language).
1)The error: If i read good the error say that i am not granting to google to
send email using my domain. ( spf)
2)DKIM is not configured yet ( is true)
3)DMARC is not configured yes ..... seem like i have work for this saturday.

The domain validation is paid? Demand that i create a gsuite account
https://support.google.com/a/answer/183895?hl=en
You are currently signed in to ********@gmail.com, which is not a G Suite
email address. If you're looking to purchase a G Suite address, you can start
a free trial.

Really many thanks to all.
Best Regards
Christian
--
Be Free, Be Linux
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gmail discard my emails

Bill Cole-3
On 7 May 2018, at 11:29, Christian Schmitz wrote:

>> Have a look.
>>
>> https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/checkmx/check?domain=schweb.com.ar&dkim
>> _selector= schweb.com.ar
>> There were some critical problems detected with this domain.
>> Mail-flow is
>> probably affected. Please refer to the corresponding help articles to
>> fix
>> these.
>>
>> Your base setup is ok, you could reduce your SPF record from:
>> "v=spf1 mx a ptr ip4:24.232.174.73 mx:schweb.com.ar a:schlabs.com.ar
>> a:sys-arquitectura.cl -all" To
>> "v=spf1 mx a:sys-arquitectura.cl -all"
>>
>> You might need to validate your domain. I had the same problem few
>> years
>> ago. You need a txt record : google-site-verification=.......
>>
>> Once validated and this added in your domain no problems anymore.
>> Ms as simular services.

[...]

> On Monday 07 May 2018 11:48:16 L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
>
> Maybe i misunderstood some, ( the english is not my natural language).

That's not it. That Google tool is for domains hosted by Google. It is
NOT a general-purpose tool for checking domain mail/DNS configurations.

> 1)The error: If i read good the error say that i am not granting to
> google to
> send email using my domain. ( spf)

That's ONLY for domains hosted by Google. Unless you are using a GMail
account to send mail with an address in your domain, you can ignore that
non-issue.

> 2)DKIM is not configured yet ( is true)
> 3)DMARC is not configured yes ..... seem like i have work for this
> saturday.

Those 2 gaps should not matter. It's not bad to set them up, but if
you're not sending a high  volume of mail or using a domain that is a
likely forgery target, DKIM & DMARC are not critical.

> The domain validation is paid? Demand that i create a gsuite account
> https://support.google.com/a/answer/183895?hl=en
> You are currently signed in to ********@gmail.com, which is not a G
> Suite
> email address. If you're looking to purchase a G Suite address, you
> can start
> a free trial.

That verification process is only absolutely necessary for domains
associated with "G Suite" accounts. I've been running mail systems &
associated DNS services since before Google existed, and this is the
first time I've ever seen that process connected to how Google handles
mail. It is generally a way for Google to confirm that a specific Google
account has control over a specific domain, for services like their
Webmaster Tools.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gmail discard my emails

Viktor Dukhovni
In reply to this post by Matthias Egger-2


> On May 7, 2018, at 10:35 AM, Matthias Egger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Christian,
>
> On 05/07/2018 04:06 PM, Christian Schmitz wrote:
>>>> 2018-05-07T09:38:23.969642-03:00 schweb postfix/smtp[26859]:
>>>> Untrusted TLS connection established to
>>>> gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.190.27]:25:
>>>> TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 (128/128 bits)
>>>> 2018-05-07T09:38:26.022482-03:00 schweb postfix/smtp[26859]:
>>>> 343BF39998: to=<***my_friend***@gmail.com>,
>>>> relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.190.27]:25, delay=3.8,
>>>> delays=0.46/0.03/1.4/1.9, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK
>>>> 1525696705 b191si705526qkg.318 - gsmtp)
> The Mail has been overgiven to gmail without an error. So if the mail
> does not get into the inbox of your friend, this is not the fault of
> your mailserver but of gmail.

Gmail engineers tell me that they don't discard mail, it gets filed into
inbox, spam, ...

>
> BUT
>
> It turned out, that gmail silently discarded all emails coming from mail
> accounts that where configured to be "sent as" by gmail. So when he had
> set (i just translate this from german, so it could be they are named
> differently) Gmail -> Settings -> Accounts and Import -> Send as: with
> some email addresses (not gmail, they where all from other providers)
> and then sent a testmail from one of these (other providers) accounts
> through our server (i know, who does such things?) they got silently
> discarded.

This might be the type of exception they did not think to mention, if
the address belongs to a Gmail mailbox, perhaps then it is discarded,
or even filed in the "Sent" mailbox instead?


--
        Viktor.