Handling cc and bcc receipients from incoming mail

Ed

Handling cc and bcc receipients from incoming mail

Ed
When my.postfix.com receives an email from an outside source, my.postfix.com tries to relay the cc and bcc receipients through their host domain

postfix/smtp to=<[hidden email]>, relay=mail.someonelesesserver.com[216.54.45.133]:25, delay=0.38, delays=0.01/0.05/0.14/0.18, dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (host mail.someonelesesserver.com[216.54.45.133] said: 550 rejecting spoofed message (in reply to RCPT TO command))

Receiving a message:

from [hidden email]
to [hidden email]
cc [hidden email]

The server will try to relay yyy using the someoneelsesserver.com and causing a bounce.

How do I stop the resending of the cc and bcc sections of the message when the domain is not the one I am hosting.

Version 2.6 Postfix
using kolab version 3.0

Any help would be appreceiated

Postfix main.cf

readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.6.6/README_FILES
transport_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/transport_maps.cf
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/pki/tls/private/localhost.pem
virtual_alias_maps = $alias_maps, ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/virtual_alias_maps.cf, ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/mailenabled_distgroups.cf, ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/mailenabl$
submission_recipient_restrictions = check_policy_service unix:private/submission_policy, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject_unauth_pipelining, reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org, reject_non_fqdn_recipient, reject_invalid_helo_hos$
smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, check_policy_service unix:private/sender_policy_incoming
# ejl 2012.11.27
smtpd_relay_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject
smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
submission_sender_restrictions = reject_non_fqdn_sender, check_policy_service unix:private/submission_policy, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject
local_recipient_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/local_recipient_maps.cf
submission_data_restrictions = check_policy_service unix:private/submission_policy
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/pki/tls/private/localhost.pem
mynetworks_style = class

Ed

Re: Handling cc and bcc receipients from incoming mail

Wietse Venema
Ed:
> When my.postfix.com receives an email from an outside source,
> my.postfix.com tries to relay the cc and bcc receipients through their
> host domain
> Receiving a message:
>
> from [hidden email]
> to [hidden email]
> cc [hidden email]
>
> The server will try to relay yyy using the someoneelsesserver.com
> and causing a bounce.

You use software that sends mail to addresses in the mail HEADER.
That software is fundamentally broken and needs to be replaced.

Re: Handling cc and bcc receipients from incoming mail

Ed:
>It looks like postfix on my server? is doing the routing and trying
>to relay the CC and BCC back to their server.

Are you using a content filter that uses the "sendmail" command?

        Wietse
Ed

Re: Handling cc and bcc receipients from incoming mail

Ed
Wietse:

I am using amavisd which hooks into spamassison.

Did not find any references to sendmail using fgrep for any of the directories

In the main.cf the only references are the paths to sendmail.

Ed

>It looks like postfix on my server? is doing the routing and trying
>to relay the CC and BCC back to their server.

Are you using a content filter that uses the "sendmail" command?

Re: Handling cc and bcc receipients from incoming mail

Wietse Venema
Ed:
> Wietse:
>
>I am using amavisd which hooks into spamassison.
>
>Did not find any references to sendmail using fgrep for any of the
>directories
>
>In the main.cf the only references are the paths to sendmail.

In that case, have you considered the possibility that the client
(Exchange, I believe) is sending mail from outside into Postfix,
with external recipients as its destination?

        Wietse