Helo command rejected: Host not found

Enrico Morelli
I'm trying to configure my outlook account to send email through my
mail server, but I receive the following error:

InvalidRecipientsException: Invalid recipients were provided for the
message: '[hidden email]' (450 4.7.1
<HE1PR1001MB1369.EURPRD10.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>: Helo command rejected:
Host not found

Is there a way to put *outlook.com in a "white list"?

  Enrico Morelli
  System Administrator | Programmer | Web Developer

  CERM - Polo Scientifico
  via Sacconi, 6 - 50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI) - ITALY

Re: Helo command rejected: Host not found

Viktor Dukhovni
On Mon, Oct 09, 2017 at 05:04:44PM +0200, Enrico Morelli wrote:

> I'm trying to configure my outlook account to send email through my
> mail server, but I receive the following error:

That would presumably be the STARTTLS submission service on port
587, or perhaps smtps (TLS first then SMTP) port 465.

> InvalidRecipientsException: Invalid recipients were provided for the
> message: '[hidden email]' (450 4.7.1
> <HE1PR1001MB1369.EURPRD10.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>: Helo command rejected:
> Host not found
>
> Is there a way to put *outlook.com in a "white list"?

Wrong question.  Instead don't filter the helo command at all for
authenticated submission users.  See the commented out sample
master.cf configurations (from the stock master.cf file
distributed with Postfix source) in:

    https://github.com/vdukhovni/postfix/blob/master/postfix/conf/master.cf#L17

    https://github.com/vdukhovni/postfix/blob/master/postfix/conf/master.cf#L29