Hostname being set by server, not by main.cf

Hostname being set by server, not by main.cf

C. Petro
I've been out of the mailserver side of things for eight or ten years now, and got drafted to help a friend replace a SUSE based server that is pretty hacked over with a new one.

The current problem I'm having is that despite having:

myorigin = /etc/mailname
mydomain = rcousins.com
myhostname = rcousins.com

all set in main.cfg mail is *still* appearing as from "mail1.home.rcousins.com

I can't find "mail1.home" anywhere in the configuration file *or* the postconf output:

root@mail1:~# postconf | grep rcousins.com
mydomain = rcousins.com
myhostname = rcousins.com
smtp_tls_cert_file = /etc/letsencrypt/live/lab2.rcousins.com/fullchain.pem
smtp_tls_key_file = /etc/letsencrypt/live/lab2.rcousins.com/privkey.pem
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/letsencrypt/live/lab2.rcousins.com/fullchain.pem
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/letsencrypt/live/lab2.rcousins.com/privkey.pem

(these keys will be replaced by the proper FQDN when it's flipped into production)

root@mail1:~# postconf | grep hostname
invalid_hostname_reject_code = 501
lmtp_lhlo_name = $myhostname
lmtp_tls_verify_cert_match = hostname
local_transport = local:$myhostname
milter_macro_daemon_name = $myhostname
myhostname = rcousins.com
smtp_helo_name = $myhostname
smtp_tls_verify_cert_match = hostname
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name
smtpd_proxy_ehlo = $myhostname
unknown_helo_hostname_tempfail_action = $reject_tempfail_action
unknown_hostname_reject_code = 450

root@mail1:~# grep mail1 /etc/postfix/main.cf
root@mail1:~# grep hostname /etc/postfix/main.cf
myhostname = rcousins.com
#smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Ubuntu)
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name

What am I missing?

Re: Hostname being set by server, not by main.cf

Viktor Dukhovni

http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html

Re: Hostname being set by server, not by main.cf

C. Petro
postfinger gives: