How does Postfix validate IP of sender on incoming messages?

How does Postfix validate IP of sender on incoming messages?

Michael Segel
I’m trying to debug my new mail server…

I’m testing with incoming messages from an external account and while my old mail server can correctly identify the IP address of the host,  my new server doesn’t.

I checked the inbound IP address with both dig -x and nslookup.

In both cases both servers have their own DNS server on the box, however they point upstream to my ISP so they are using the same DNS server.
So I know that the ip address is valid and the dns lookup shows the same thing. But new box isn’t able to figure out the hostname.

So how do I debug what I did wrong on my new box?

Thx

-Mike

Re: How does Postfix validate IP of sender on incoming messages?

Viktor Dukhovni

http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#no_chroot