How to best test from VM with port 25 closed by ISP

How to best test from VM with port 25 closed by ISP

TG Servers
Hi,

how can I best test postfix delivery from a local VM if port 25 is blocked by ISP.
My only intention is to setup another VM and make a network between them and then send mails between them.
Or is there any other solution how I could get postfix from a VM to the "world"?

Thanks!

Re: How to best test from VM with port 25 closed by ISP

Wietse Venema
TG Servers:
> Hi,
>
> how can I best test postfix delivery from a local VM if port 25 is
> blocked by ISP.
> My only intention is to setup another VM and make a network between them
> and then send mails between them.

Use a VPN?

        Wietse

> Or is there any other solution how I could get postfix from a VM to the
> "world"?
>
> Thanks!

Re: How to best test from VM with port 25 closed by ISP

TG Servers
Hm as you mention it i am connected through a VPN so there has to be
something else. Have to check that again.

Thanks

Am 13. Februar 2018 01:03:39 schrieb Wietse Venema <[hidden email]>:

> TG Servers:
>> Hi,
>>
>> how can I best test postfix delivery from a local VM if port 25 is
>> blocked by ISP.
>> My only intention is to setup another VM and make a network between them
>> and then send mails between them.
>
> Use a VPN?
>
> Wietse
>
>> Or is there any other solution how I could get postfix from a VM to the
>> "world"?
>>
>> Thanks!

Re: How to best test from VM with port 25 closed by ISP

Wietse Venema
Server Messages:
> Hm as you mention it i am connected through a VPN so there has to be
> something else. Have to check that again.

Surely you can run more than one VPN?

Re: How to best test from VM with port 25 closed by ISP

TG Servers
The thing here is my main line is connected to a vpn through a pfsense
firewall so i have to check why i cannot send through port 25 (it is open
of course) or what causes that the mail is not received. To be honest I did
not look really deep into it until now so i have to do some thorough
checks. The VM i am using uses bridged adapter to the main box which hangs
on the pfsense wall.

Thomas

Am 13. Februar 2018 01:35:54 schrieb Wietse Venema <[hidden email]>:

> Server Messages:
>> Hm as you mention it i am connected through a VPN so there has to be
>> something else. Have to check that again.
>
> Surely you can run more than one VPN?
>
> Wietse

Re: How to best test from VM with port 25 closed by ISP

TG Servers
I also have to check if my receiving server might be rejecting cause there
are not all dns settings correct on the vm or sort of things. I hate vm
testing but as i am working on a complete and a bit complex server setup i
decided to don't hassle with a live server. But maybe a small cheap cloud
server would be a betterway to go as i could configure DNS and everything
more production near.

Thomas

Am 13. Februar 2018 01:57:22 schrieb Server Messages <[hidden email]>:

> The thing here is my main line is connected to a vpn through a pfsense
> firewall so i have to check why i cannot send through port 25 (it is open
> of course) or what causes that the mail is not received. To be honest I did
> not look really deep into it until now so i have to do some thorough
> checks. The VM i am using uses bridged adapter to the main box which hangs
> on the pfsense wall.
>
> Thomas
>

> Am 13. Februar 2018 01:35:54 schrieb Wietse Venema <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Server Messages:
>>> Hm as you mention it i am connected through a VPN so there has to be
>>> something else. Have to check that again.
>>
>> Surely you can run more than one VPN?
>>
>> Wietse

Re: How to best test from VM with port 25 closed by ISP

TG Servers
Will get back when I really know the definitive issue. Won't bother with
infrastructure issues here.

Am 13. Februar 2018 02:04:20 schrieb Server Messages <[hidden email]>:

> I also have to check if my receiving server might be rejecting cause there
> are not all dns settings correct on the vm or sort of things. I hate vm
> testing but as i am working on a complete and a bit complex server setup i
> decided to don't hassle with a live server. But maybe a small cheap cloud
> server would be a betterway to go as i could configure DNS and everything
> more production near.
>
> Thomas
>

> Am 13. Februar 2018 01:57:22 schrieb Server Messages <[hidden email]>:
>
>> The thing here is my main line is connected to a vpn through a pfsense
>> firewall so i have to check why i cannot send through port 25 (it is open
>> of course) or what causes that the mail is not received. To be honest I did
>> not look really deep into it until now so i have to do some thorough
>> checks. The VM i am using uses bridged adapter to the main box which hangs
>> on the pfsense wall.
>>
>> Thomas
>>

>> Am 13. Februar 2018 01:35:54 schrieb Wietse Venema <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> Server Messages:
>>>
>>> Surely you can run more than one VPN?
>>>
>>> Wietse

Re: How to best test from VM with port 25 closed by ISP

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 13.02.18 00:04, TG Servers wrote:
>how can I best test postfix delivery from a local VM if port 25 is
>blocked by ISP.

if you ISP doesn't unblock you, and you want to behave as mail server, you
have problem.

>My only intention is to setup another VM and make a network between them
>and then send mails between them.
>Or is there any other solution how I could get postfix from a VM to the
>"world"?

If you only want to send mai lto/through some servers,  you can use
different port with client authentication.

Boost your system's speed by 500% - DEL C:\WINDOWS\*.*

Re: How to best test from VM with port 25 closed by ISP

TG Servers

Am 13. Februar 2018 09:52:53 schrieb Matus UHLAR - fantomas
<[hidden email]>:

> On 13.02.18 00:04, TG Servers wrote:
>>how can I best test postfix delivery from a local VM if port 25 is
>>blocked by ISP.
>
> if you ISP doesn't unblock you, and you want to behave as mail server, you
> have problem.
>
>>My only intention is to setup another VM and make a network between them
>>and then send mails between them.
>>Or is there any other solution how I could get postfix from a VM to the
>>"world"?
>
> If you only want to send mai lto/through some servers,  you can use
> different port with client authentication.

I just want to test a real server install on a vm. As i wrote before I
think there are some general installation issues I have to check before.
Port 25 is not my problem I think.

Thanks.