How to deal with sending mail from host isbd.uk?

How to deal with sending mail from host isbd.uk?

Chris Green-11
Just a quickie, how do I configure /etc/hostname etc. for a system at
isbd.uk?

It really *is* just isbd.uk:-

    chris$ host isbd.uk
    isbd.uk has address 92.243.2.29
    isbd.uk mail is handled by 0 mail.vhdns.net.

So, if I set /etc/hostname to isbd.uk then postfix thinks the domain
name is just uk which doesn't work very well.

Chris Green

AW: How to deal with sending mail from host isbd.uk?

ludicree
Give the machine a hostname, put hostname.domain.tld in hostname file and
DNS.

Greets,
Ludi

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Chris Green

Re: How to deal with sending mail from host isbd.uk?

Chris Green:

> Just a quickie, how do I configure /etc/hostname etc. for a system at
> isbd.uk?
>
> It really *is* just isbd.uk:-
>
>     chris$ host isbd.uk
>     isbd.uk has address 92.243.2.29
>     isbd.uk mail is handled by 0 mail.vhdns.net.
>
> So, if I set /etc/hostname to isbd.uk then postfix thinks the domain
> name is just uk which doesn't work very well.

Set MYDOMAIN too, if MYHOSTNAME is a domain instead of leaf node.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 11:33:53AM -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:

> Chris Green:
> > Just a quickie, how do I configure /etc/hostname etc. for a system at
> > isbd.uk?
> >
> > It really *is* just isbd.uk:-
> >
> >     chris$ host isbd.uk
> >     isbd.uk has address 92.243.2.29
> >     isbd.uk mail is handled by 0 mail.vhdns.net.
> >
> > So, if I set /etc/hostname to isbd.uk then postfix thinks the domain
> > name is just uk which doesn't work very well.
>
> Set MYDOMAIN too, if MYHOSTNAME is a domain instead of leaf node.

OK, thanks.

--
Chris Green