How to extract information from postscreen_cache

How to extract information from postscreen_cache

Bryan K. Walton
Hi,

Is there a way to extract the information stored in the postscreen_cache that postscreen uses for its temporary whitelist?  We'd like to be able to see what domains/IPs are whitelisted at a given time.

Thanks,
Bryan

Re: How to extract information from postscreen_cache

Wietse Venema
Bryan K. Walton:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to extract the information stored in the postscreen_cache
> that postscreen uses for its temporary whitelist?  We'd like to
> be able to see what domains/IPs are whitelisted at a given time.

The format is not documented because it is Postfix internal and
subject to change without warning.  The table is locked for exclusive
access; if you try to read the table anywan, then you may read
garbage.  The only exception is LMDB, but only if you use Postfix's
LMDB locks, not the locks that are built into LMDB.

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 04:43:50PM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:

> The format is not documented because it is Postfix internal and
> subject to change without warning.  The table is locked for exclusive
> access; if you try to read the table anywan, then you may read
> garbage.  The only exception is LMDB, but only if you use Postfix's
> LMDB locks, not the locks that are built into LMDB.

Ok, thanks Wietse!

-Bryan