How to match From as MAILFROM

Burn Zero
Hi,

I have configured an internal postfix server where users will use that as relay servers to relay emails to outside and internal users.

I have restricted postfix to allow only one domain as MAILFROM and deny rest all. But how to restrict From address like this? Is there any way in postfix?

Thank you.

Re: How to match From as MAILFROM

Scott Kitterman-4
On Monday, March 16, 2020 5:54:02 AM EDT Burn Zero wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have configured an internal postfix server where users will use that as
> relay servers to relay emails to outside and internal users.
>
> I have restricted postfix to allow only one domain as MAILFROM and deny
> rest all. But how to restrict From address like this? Is there any way in
> postfix?

It's out of scope for postfix itself to do that, but vrfydmn [1] does exactly
that and can be added to your postfix configuration.

Scott K

[1] https://github.com/croessner/vrfydmn