How to route mail to different isp-smarthosts depending on reply-to address

How to route mail to different isp-smarthosts depending on reply-to address

Klaus Dittrich
I have postfix setup to route mail internal (host.local.here)

and all other to an smarthost of an isp. Works very well.

Now using thunderbird as an mail agent I can have different identities.

In my case these identities are all the same differing only by the
reply-to field.

What I want to achive is

an identity(me) with reply-to  kladit@isp-a should get routed to the
smart-host of isp-a

the same identity(me) with reply-to  kladit@isp-b should get routed to
the smart-host of isp-b

So what I need is not a sender_dependent_relayhost_map, because I am
always the same, but something like a reply-to_dependent_relayhost_map.

Any help is very welcome.

Klaus

Re: How to route mail to different isp-smarthosts depending on reply-to address

Robert Schetterer-2
Am 19.02.2017 um 17:18 schrieb Klaus Dittrich:
> What I want to achive is
>
> an identity(me) with reply-to  kladit@isp-a should get routed to the
> smart-host of isp-a
>
> the same identity(me) with reply-to  kladit@isp-b should get routed to
> the smart-host of isp-b

hm perhaps try with header checks on reply-to headers action transport
but i think that can result in unwanted routings cause in standard every
mail will pass header checks...wait for list better ideas

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG, 80333 München

Re: How to route mail to different isp-smarthosts depending on reply-to address

Wietse Venema
Robert Schetterer:

> Am 19.02.2017 um 17:18 schrieb Klaus Dittrich:
> > What I want to achive is
> >
> > an identity(me) with reply-to  kladit@isp-a should get routed to the
> > smart-host of isp-a
> >
> > the same identity(me) with reply-to  kladit@isp-b should get routed to
> > the smart-host of isp-b
>
> hm perhaps try with header checks on reply-to headers action transport
> but i think that can result in unwanted routings cause in standard every
> mail will pass header checks...wait for list better ideas

Perhaps you can configure Thunderbird to give your different
identities a different SENDER address. On the Postfix side, you can
then use the sender_dependent_relayhost_maps feature to pick the
smarthost.

Am 02/19/17 um 18:25 schrieb Wietse Venema:

> Robert Schetterer:
>> Am 19.02.2017 um 17:18 schrieb Klaus Dittrich:
>>> What I want to achive is
>>>
>>> an identity(me) with reply-to  kladit@isp-a should get routed to the
>>> smart-host of isp-a
>>>
>>> the same identity(me) with reply-to  kladit@isp-b should get routed to
>>> the smart-host of isp-b
>> hm perhaps try with header checks on reply-to headers action transport
>> but i think that can result in unwanted routings cause in standard every
>> mail will pass header checks...wait for list better ideas
> Perhaps you can configure Thunderbird to give your different
> identities a different SENDER address. On the Postfix side, you can
> then use the sender_dependent_relayhost_maps feature to pick the
> smarthost.
>
> Wietse

Wietse,

in Germany we have an old saw "someone could not see the the forrest because of too much trees".

The same happend to me.

I configured postfix accordingly to your suggestion and now I am a happy with
multiple identities without having lost my own :-)

Thank you very much for showing off the forrest to me.

--
Klaus