I am having an email I'm trying to post here bounce for no apparent reason.

I am having an email I'm trying to post here bounce for no apparent reason.

Thomas Strike
The following cryptic line is given as the reason;

.

.

.

.
BOUNCE [hidden email]:     Admin request of type /^\s*config\b/i at line 3

How do I correct this?

Re: I am having an email I'm trying to post here bounce for no apparent reason.

Ralph Seichter-2
* Thomas Strike:

> The following cryptic line is given as the reason

Not quite cryptic, just a regular expression. ;-) Make sure your subject
line does not match this expression (the first case-insensitive word of
the subject, after 0-n optional consecutive spaces, must not be "config").

-Ralph

On 5/14/20 2:33 PM, Ralph Seichter wrote:
> * Thomas Strike:
>
>> The following cryptic line is given as the reason
> Not quite cryptic, just a regular expression. ;-) Make sure your subject
> line does not match this expression (the first case-insensitive word of
> the subject, after 0-n optional consecutive spaces, must not be "config").
>
> -Ralph

Thanks for your response. Regex is cryptic to me. I depend on others to
create regular expressions. I am 74 years old now and regex is more
complicated to me than any of the programming languages that I've
learned. With every year passing, it is getting harder to learn
something like regular expressions. So, when someone throws a regExp at
me, I might as well be looking at Russian. So, If the problem was on the
subject line, it's the same subject line that other emails have that
went through.

Tom

Re: I am having an email I'm trying to post here bounce for no apparent reason.

Thomas Strike:

> The following cryptic line is given as the reason;
>
> .
>
> .
>
> .
>
> .
>
> BOUNCE [hidden email]: Admin request of type /^\s*config\b/i
> at line 3
>

> How do I correct this?

Look at line 3 of the rejected email message.

On 5/14/20 2:51 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:

> Thomas Strike:
>> The following cryptic line is given as the reason;
>>
>> .
>>
>> .
>>
>> .
>>
>> .
>>
>> BOUNCE [hidden email]: Admin request of type /^\s*config\b/i
>> at line 3
>>

>> How do I correct this?
> Look at line 3 of the rejected email message.
>
> Wietse
Thanks. I finally got it. Line 3 was throwing me. My original message
was all one line because Thunderbird double lines any line breaks as a
new paragraph. I found the word c0nfig on that 1st line.