I don't realize why this email was not delivered

I don't realize why this email was not delivered

dstonek

Re: I don't realize why this email was not delivered

Wietse Venema
dstonek:
> To make it simple please take a look at
> https://serverfault.com/questions/959629/why-this-email-wasnt-delivered-by-postfix-dovecot-procmail
> Thank you

According to the above link:

Mar 22 06:36:21 host postfix/cleanup[12463]: D6D441CA09A0: discard: header x-microsoft-antispam-message-info:? 5rSUbtg9a+8v7qvflcvdu8ODNNDgy6QCo+...etc...

According to Postfix header_checks documentation:

       DISCARD optional text...
              Claim successful delivery and silently discard the message.   Do
              not  inspect  the  remainder  of  the  input  message.   Log the
              optional text if specified, otherwise log a generic message.

Someone configured Postfix to discard this message.

Re: I don't realize why this email was not delivered

dstonek
Where can that be configured?
I posted Header and Body checks.
It is strange because the sender is a regular user the recipient receives
emails from.
Thanks.
Daniel

Re: I don't realize why this email was not delivered

Wietse Venema
dstonek:
> Where can that be configured?
> I posted Header and Body checks.
> It is strange because the sender is a regular user the recipient receives
> emails from.

You can find header_checks settings with one of the following commands:

$ postconf header_checks
$ postconf -P | grep header_checks

Re: I don't realize why this email was not delivered

Bill Cole-3
On 24 Mar 2019, at 18:15, dstonek wrote:

> Where can that be configured?
> I posted Header and Body checks.
> It is strange because the sender is a regular user the recipient
> receives
> emails from.

My guess is that your 'header_checks' regex /.icu/ is matching something
in the full x-microsoft-antispam-message-info header. Postfix does not
log all of very long headers and that's a very loose regex because you
have the wildcard '.' and probably meant /\.icu/ That seems like a very
risky pattern to me but do as you want with your own mail. More
generally, header_checks is a very weak tool for spam filtering by
design. If you want anything like spam control, you need something
external.

Note that "x-microsoft-antispam-message-info" is not documented, but it
almost always contains >300 or <100 characters and most often is 428
characters.

--
Bill Cole
[hidden email] or [hidden email]