Ignoring the MX record for a specific domain?

Ignoring the MX record for a specific domain?

Nico De Ranter

Hi,

I need to be able to send e-mails to a specific domain. Unfortunately,
for reasons which are not under my control, DNS reports an incorrect MX
record for this daemon.  Is there a way I can force postfix to ignore an
MX record for a specific domain and use an IP address I supply as
forwarding address in stead?

Thanks in advance,

Nico

Re: Ignoring the MX record for a specific domain?

Mark Blackman-4
On 11 Jun 2008, at 09:38, Nico De Ranter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to be able to send e-mails to a specific domain. Unfortunately,
> for reasons which are not under my control, DNS reports an
> incorrect MX
> record for this daemon.  Is there a way I can force postfix to
> ignore an
> MX record for a specific domain and use an IP address I supply as
> forwarding address in stead?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Nico

http://www.postfix.org/transport.5.html

That will allow you to establish a mapping between a delivery domain
and an IP address.

             example.com      :[12.34.56.78]

would be the format you're looking for in the transports file.

- Mark

Re: Ignoring the MX record for a specific domain?

Nico De Ranter
That's exactly what I need.

Thanks for the very quick reply!

Nico

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 09:43 +0100, Mark Blackman wrote:

> On 11 Jun 2008, at 09:38, Nico De Ranter wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to be able to send e-mails to a specific domain. Unfortunately,
> > for reasons which are not under my control, DNS reports an
> > incorrect MX
> > record for this daemon.  Is there a way I can force postfix to
> > ignore an
> > MX record for a specific domain and use an IP address I supply as
> > forwarding address in stead?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Nico
> >

> http://www.postfix.org/transport.5.html
>
> That will allow you to establish a mapping between a delivery domain
> and an IP address.
>
>              example.com      :[12.34.56.78]
>
> would be the format you're looking for in the transports file.
>
> - Mark

Re: Ignoring the MX record for a specific domain?

Ralf Hildebrandt
* Nico De Ranter <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I need to be able to send e-mails to a specific domain. Unfortunately,
> for reasons which are not under my control, DNS reports an incorrect MX
> record for this daemon.  Is there a way I can force postfix to ignore an
> MX record for a specific domain and use an IP address I supply as
> forwarding address in stead?

man 5 transport

--
Ralf Hildebrandt ([hidden email])          [hidden email]
Postfix - Einrichtung, Betrieb und Wartung       Tel. +49 (0)30-450 570-155