Immediate NDR on Domain Typos

Joey J
Hello All,

I know I did this in the past, but can't find my notes.

When users send messages to [hidden email] or [hidden email] the messages stay in the queue for the required time before sending back the NDR.
I would like to set up a table with something like the below, to send an immediate NDR.

@yaho.com  REJECT Incorrect Domain Typed
@gnail.com   REJECT Incorrect Domain Typed

I'm not sure if the right place is  check_recipient_access  and if things are different under the current version vs the older 2.11.x

Any direction is appreciated!
--
Thanks!
Joey

Re: Immediate NDR on Domain Typos

Wietse Venema
Joey J:

> Hello All,
>
> I know I did this in the past, but can't find my notes.
>
> When users send messages to [hidden email] or [hidden email] the messages stay in
> the queue for the required time before sending back the NDR.
> I would like to set up a table with something like the below, to send an
> immediate NDR.
>
> @yaho.com  REJECT Incorrect Domain Typed
> @gnail.com   REJECT Incorrect Domain Typed
>
> I'm not sure if the right place is  check_recipient_access  and if things
> are different under the current version vs the older 2.11.x

This has been supported for over 20 years.

/etc/postfix/main.cf:

/etc/postfix/transport:
   yaho.com error:Did you mean yahoo.com?
   gnail.com error:Did you mean gmail.com?

Run "postmap hash:/etc/postfix/transport" after creating or updating
the file.

Re: Immediate NDR on Domain Typos

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 06.12.20 15:15, Joey J wrote:
>I know I did this in the past, but can't find my notes.
>
>When users send messages to [hidden email] or [hidden email] the messages stay in
>the queue for the required time before sending back the NDR.
>I would like to set up a table with something like the below, to send an
>immediate NDR.
>
>@yaho.com  REJECT Incorrect Domain Typed

yaho.com.               7200    IN      MX      0 .

this should be resolved using nullmx_reject_code, if you configured
reject_unknown_sender_domain and reject_unknown_recipient_domain

>@gnail.com   REJECT Incorrect Domain Typed
>
>I'm not sure if the right place is  check_recipient_access  and if things
>are different under the current version vs the older 2.11.x

nail.com.               900     IN      MX      10 mx.hover.com.cust.hostedemail.com.

this must be rejected explicitly.

42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.