Install Postfix SHLIBS in Install Directory - how ?

Install Postfix SHLIBS in Install Directory - how ?

zahn

Hello All

I installed Postfix 3.4.9 with SHLIB support in /usr/local/postfix.
In main.cf I set: shlib_directory = /usr/local/postfix/lib

On make install: I get the following error:

postfix/postfix-script[40500]: fatal: no Postfix shared-library directory /usr/local/postfix/lib!

Can I not install the SHLIBS in the Installation Directory?

An error in postfix-script ?
I do not want: /usr/lib/postfix! for the SHLIBS - it MUST be in the Installation Directory: /usr/local/postfix
--

Schöne Grüsse aus Oberdiessbach Martin Zahn

Akadia AG
Martin Zahn
Software Ing. HTL
Oracle Certificate Professional
Information Technology
Fichtenweg 10
CH-3672 Oberdiessbach

Tel: +41 79 410 27 87
Web: www.akadia.com
E-Mail: [hidden email]

Re: Install Postfix SHLIBS in Install Directory - how ?

Wietse Venema
zahn:
> I do not want: /usr/lib/postfix! for the SHLIBS - it MUST be in the Installation Directory: /usr/local/postfix

Then you need to specify that at BUILD time not INSTALL time.
See section 4.3.3 in the INSTALL file.

Begin quote
To override the default location of Postfix dynamically-linked libraries and
database plugins specify, for example:

    $ make makefiles shared=yes shlib_directory=/usr/local/lib/postfix ...
End quote

Re: Install Postfix SHLIBS in Install Directory - how ?

Wietse Venema
Wietse Venema:

> zahn:
> > I do not want: /usr/lib/postfix! for the SHLIBS - it MUST be in the Installation Directory: /usr/local/postfix
>
> Then you need to specify that at BUILD time not INSTALL time.
> See section 4.3.3 in the INSTALL file.
>
> Begin quote
> To override the default location of Postfix dynamically-linked libraries and
> database plugins specify, for example:
>
>     $ make makefiles shared=yes shlib_directory=/usr/local/lib/postfix ...
> End quote

If you change shlib_directory at install time use one of

        make install shlib_directory=/some/where ...
        make upgrade shlib_directory=/some/where ...

(editing main.cf is not sufficient; the install/upgrade commands
must create the directory with proper permissions).

As documented changing shlib_directory at install time may require
some ldconfig confuration.

        Wietse