Installation and configuration problem Postfix / Dovecot Debian Buster

Installation and configuration problem Postfix / Dovecot Debian Buster

Alex
Hello,

I am trying to install and configure Postifx / Dovecot on Debian Buster.
Note that the following procedure I used for the last time on a 8.6 and that
it worked very well.
I have no idea of the blockage and what has changed since.
I searched several days but I could not find my answer.

Here are my configuration files:

/etc/postfix/main.cf

/etc/postfix/master.cf

/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf

here is the following error:

In the file /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
I added :

But I still have some mistakes that I do not understand:

If I do a telnet:

I've done a lot of research in recent days, but until now I have not found
anything ... It may be something stupid, but I can not find.
This configuration I used, as I said, on a Debian 8.6 (procedure that I had
for the last time set up in June 2016). So can be obsolete for sure, there
must be something that has changed but that escapes me totally

Thanks you for help

Re: Installation and configuration problem Postfix / Dovecot Debian Buster

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 24.07.19 07:24, Alex wrote:
>I am trying to install and configure Postifx / Dovecot on Debian Buster.
>Note that the following procedure I used for the last time on a 8.6 and that
>it worked very well.
>I have no idea of the blockage and what has changed since.
>I searched several days but I could not find my answer.
>
>Here are my configuration files:
>
>/etc/postfix/main.cf

seems you have forgot content of those files.
Don't post it here, use pastebin or something alike.
telnet output is fine here.

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I bought a Macintosh".

Re: Installation and configuration problem Postfix / Dovecot Debian Buster

Alex
Hello,

Indeed, I don't know why

This is the pastebin of the files and the result of the commands :
https://pastebin.com/qjz30PY0

Thanks your for help!!

On 25.07.19 00:24, Alex wrote:
>Indeed, I don't know why
>
>This is the pastebin of the files and the result of the commands :
>https://pastebin.com/qjz30PY0
>
>Thanks your for help!!

these are important parts:

AUTH LOGIN xxxxxxxx
334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6
xxxxxxxxxx
235 2.7.0 Authentication successful
mail from:[hidden email]
250 2.1.0 Ok
rcpt to:[hidden email]
451 4.3.5 <[hidden email]>: Sender address rejected: Server configuration error

Jul 23 09:44:54 ns1 postfix/smtpd[20799]: warning: SASL: Connect to private/auth failed: Connection refused
Jul 23 09:44:54 ns1 postfix/smtpd[20799]: warning: unknown[45.xx.xx.xx]: SASL LOGIN authentication failed:

Jul 23 14:46:23 ns1 dovecot: auth-worker(25874): sql([hidden email],45.xx.xx.xx): unknown user

it would be better if wou posted logs from the same time...

...have you followed SASL instructions in
/usr/share/doc/postfix/README.Debian.gz ?
(maybe dovecot has different postfix SASL integration manual)

btw seems your login/pasword appear in the de

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.