Is it necessary to declare "alias_maps" in the main.cf? t.s.

Is it necessary to declare "alias_maps" in the main.cf? t.s.

Thomas Strike
With all the problems that I'm having with my Postfix setup, I am taking a deeper dive into the meaning of each parameter declaration.
Is it necessary to declare "alias_maps" in the main.cf or does it have a default file path that it looks to or does it just not look at alias_maps if not declared?
Thanks, T.S.

Re: Is it necessary to declare "alias_maps" in the main.cf? t.s.

Bill Cole-3
On 8 May 2020, at 12:12, Thomas Strike wrote:

> With all the problems that I'm having with my Postfix setup, I am
> taking a deeper dive into the meaning of each parameter declaration.
> Is it necessary to declare "alias_maps" in the main.cf or does it have
> a default file path that it looks to or does it just not look at
> alias_maps if not declared?

As the postconf(5) man page says, this is system-dependent.

To see what the default is on your system, run 'postconf -d alias_maps'
To see what the current value is on your system, run 'postconf
alias_maps'

--
Bill Cole
[hidden email] or [hidden email]