Is it possibl to map sender only in generic table?

Is it possibl to map sender only in generic table?

Jiang Wen Dong

I have configed SASL client authentication with Exchange 2010.

I want map sender only, not recipient, in generic table.

Is it possible?

Thanks.

本邮件及其附件含有鼎桥通信技术有限公司的保密信息,仅限于发送给上面地址中列出的个人或群组。禁止任何其他人以任何形式使用(包括但不限于全部或部分地泄露、复制、或散发)本邮件中的信息。如果您错收了本邮件,请您立即电话或邮件通知发件人并删除本邮件!
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from TD Tech Ltd., which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!

Re: Is it possibl to map sender only in generic table?

Viktor Dukhovni

> On Aug 21, 2017, at 3:56 AM, Jiang Wen Dong <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have configed SASL client authentication with Exchange 2010.
> I want map sender only, not recipient, in generic table.
> Is it possible?

Not in smtp_generic_maps, but you should explain your requirements
in more detail.  Focus on what you want to happen and why independently
of whether your software is Postfix, Exim, Sendmail, ...

Once your actual goals are clear, it will possible to map them onto
a suitable Postfix configuration.

Re: Is it possibl to map sender only in generic table?

Jiang Wen Dong

Finally ,I found generic table does not work, but canonical table works fine:

local_header_rewrite_clients = static:all    ### This config is important. I should have be patient to read about Postfix address rewriting.

sender_canonical_maps = regexp:/etc/postfix/canonical_sender

On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 03:00:15PM +0000, Jiang Wen Dong wrote:

> Finally ,I found generic table does not work, but canonical table works fine:
> local_header_rewrite_clients = static:all    ### This config is important.
> I should have be patient to read about Postfix address rewriting.
> sender_canonical_maps = regexp:/etc/postfix/canonical_sender

I do not recommend the use of sender_canonical_maps, the problem
with this is that there is no good way to distiguish between sender
headers and recipient headers.  A sender may include himself in a
"Cc:" header, which should be rewritten just like the "From:"
header, but is not with "sender_canonical_maps".

Instead, one would typically rewrite all headers and the envelope
sender, leaving only the envelope recipients unmodified if those
should be left alone.

    canonical_maps = ...
    canonical_classes = envelope_sender, header_sender, header_recipient

Much of course depends on what you're trying to achieve with
"sender-only" rewriting.  Good luck.

JWD

Re: Re: Is it possibl to map sender only in generic table?

JWD
Thanks a lot, it's very useful.

Date: 2017-08-22 01:05
On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 03:00:15PM +0000, Jiang Wen Dong wrote:

> Finally ,I found generic table does not work, but canonical table works fine:
> local_header_rewrite_clients = static:all    ### This config is important.
> I should have be patient to read about Postfix address rewriting.
> sender_canonical_maps = regexp:/etc/postfix/canonical_sender

I do not recommend the use of sender_canonical_maps, the problem
with this is that there is no good way to distiguish between sender
headers and recipient headers.  A sender may include himself in a
"Cc:" header, which should be rewritten just like the "From:"