LDAP group expansion with Samba schema

okelet
Hi

I want Postfix to automatically expand members of a group; groups have
memberuid (using Samba schema), instead of memberdn, so i do not know
how to make a new search for the users with the uids in the group; i
have read http://www.postfix.org/LDAP_README.html#example_group, but
in those examples, the group has full dns of the members of the group,
so it is easy to do with special_result_attribute. With only uids, how
could this be done?

Thanks in advance.

Re: LDAP group expansion with Samba schema

Reinaldo Gil Lima de Carvalho
On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Juan Asensio Sánchez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want Postfix to automatically expand members of a group; groups have
> memberuid (using Samba schema), instead of memberdn, so i do not know
> how to make a new search for the users with the uids in the group; i
> have read http://www.postfix.org/LDAP_README.html#example_group, but
> in those examples, the group has full dns of the members of the group,
> so it is easy to do with special_result_attribute. With only uids, how
> could this be done?
>
> Thanks in advance.

You can write a script to build a file to virtual_maps.

Reinaldo Carvalho
http://korreio.sf.net

Re: LDAP group expansion with Samba schema

Victor Duchovni
On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 08:26:35PM +0200, Juan Asensio S?nchez wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want Postfix to automatically expand members of a group; groups have
> memberuid (using Samba schema), instead of memberdn, so i do not know
> how to make a new search for the users with the uids in the group; i
> have read http://www.postfix.org/LDAP_README.html#example_group, but
> in those examples, the group has full dns of the members of the group,
> so it is easy to do with special_result_attribute. With only uids, how
> could this be done?

The LDAP table does not support indirect construction of DNs or ldap
URIs from attribute values. This schema cannot be used for email group
expansion (unless uid@$myorigin is a valid address for each of the
users).