Large volume configuration

Jeffrey Shawn Klotz-2
Can anyone recommend any articles / guides / etc to configure a server
for large volume?

I have a server that consistently maxes out it's T1 connection.  I'd
like to be sure I've got things configured to make the most of it.  It's
not uncommon when the circuit is has a lot of traffic for me to see
"operations timed out" errors.  I think my  postfix can use some
configuration adjustments.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Large volume configuration

Benny Pedersen

On Mon, December 15, 2008 22:46, Jeffrey Shawn Klotz wrote:
> I think my  postfix can use some configuration adjustments.

so you think, then empty main.cf for a start or show us the postconf
-n now

whats the problem you see in logs ?

--
Benny Pedersen
Need more webspace ? http://www.servage.net/?coupon=cust37098

Re: Large volume configuration

lst_hoe02
Zitat von Jeffrey Shawn Klotz <[hidden email]>:

> Can anyone recommend any articles / guides / etc to configure a
> server for large volume?
>
> I have a server that consistently maxes out it's T1 connection.  I'd
> like to be sure I've got things configured to make the most of it.
> It's not uncommon when the circuit is has a lot of traffic for me to
> see "operations timed out" errors.  I think my  postfix can use some
> configuration adjustments.
>
> Thanks for your help.

http://www.postfix.org/TUNING_README.html

Should get you started. If you have a specific problem post postconf
-n and a description of the problem with relevant logfile entries.

Regards

Andreas