Local users relay

Eric Jacobs-2
Hi folks -

I'm new to postfix. Been working with sendmail forever but for a new mailserver my boss (actually his boss) has a thing for postfix and against sendmail. So I'm scrambling to learn.

One thing that has come up is that in the near future this new server will be the MX for a particular domain. There may be one or two local users but for the vast majority of users I want to be able to forward them to our corporate mailserver (though we are transitioning to google mail, a complication for later). So, can I configure postfix to accept the mail for the defined local users and set up a simple rule to forward all the others?

--
Eric Jacobs
Thomas Publishing Company
Phone: 215-494-7312

Re: Local users relay

Brian Evans - Postfix List
On 1/31/2012 9:54 AM, Eric Jacobs wrote:

> Hi folks -
>
> I'm new to postfix. Been working with sendmail forever but for a new
> mailserver my boss (actually his boss) has a thing for postfix and
> against sendmail. So I'm scrambling to learn.
>
> One thing that has come up is that in the near future this new server
> will be the MX for a particular domain. There may be one or two local
> users but for the vast majority of users I want to be able to forward
> them to our corporate mailserver (though we are transitioning to
> google mail, a complication for later). So, can I configure postfix to
> accept the mail for the defined local users and set up a simple rule
> to forward all the others?
It seems that the official documentation covers this FAQ:

http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html#firewall
http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html#some_local