Mail Bounces

Roman Gelfand-2
I am using postfix as outgoing mail gateway.  Outside of non-delivery
notification, is there a way to produce a report of email addresses
and the reason for the bounce of all emails, that were, in conclusion,
rejected.

Thanks in advance

Re: Mail Bounces

Wietse Venema
Roman Gelfand:
> I am using postfix as outgoing mail gateway.  Outside of non-delivery
> notification, is there a way to produce a report of email addresses
> and the reason for the bounce of all emails, that were, in conclusion,
> rejected.

Postfix and Sendmail delivery reports are formatted according to
RFC 3462 and RFC 3464, which is machine-readable.

In the case of mail that never left your system, you can retrieve
that same information from the maillog file.

In the case of mail that was returned from elsewhere, all you have
is a large collection of non-standardized delivery reports.

Re: Mail Bounces

Stan Hoeppner
On 7/25/2013 11:53 AM, Roman Gelfand wrote:
> I am using postfix as outgoing mail gateway.  Outside of non-delivery
> notification, is there a way to produce a report of email addresses
> and the reason for the bounce of all emails, that were, in conclusion,
> rejected.

I believe the Logwatch Postfix module provides summary detail of bounces
as well as everything else logged by Postfix.  Pflogsumm might as well,
I don't recall.  I haven't use it in years.

Stan

RE: Mail Bounces

Roman Gelfand-2
The logwatch does exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks a lot