Mail gets stuck in the queue waiting for local delivery without any relevant problem mentioned in the log

Mail gets stuck in the queue waiting for local delivery without any relevant problem mentioned in the log

Eduard Matúš
Hi.

I'm experiencing odd behavior of potfix. Here's what I've foud out so
far:

When:
mailbox_size_limit = 0
message_size_limit = <default>

Mail is delivered OK.

When:
mailbox_size_limit = 0
message_size_limit = 0

Mail gets stuck in the queue waiting for local delivery without any
relevant problem mentioned in the log. (already checked by amavis)

When:
mailbox_size_limit = 0
message_size_limit = 100M

Same as above..

When:
mailbox_size_limit = 0
message_size_limit = 50M

All the mail in the queue gets delivered (also the mail, which is
stuck from the previous situation) again without any info in the log,
which could explain why.

Anyone has an idea how to achieve this situation? :
mailbox_size_limit = 0
message_size_limit = 0

and mail gets delivered normally?
I don't think this is wise, but it's a customer request and the
customer is a very stubborn one.

I'm using postfix version 2.3.8-2 (Debian etch).

Thanks in advance.

Eduard Matus

Re: Mail gets stuck in the queue waiting for local delivery without any relevant problem mentioned in the log

Sahil Tandon
Eduard Mat?? <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anyone has an idea how to achieve this situation? :
> mailbox_size_limit = 0
> message_size_limit = 0
>
> and mail gets delivered normally?
> I don't think this is wise, but it's a customer request and the customer is
> a very stubborn one.

Before you troubleshoot any further, are you delivering to virtual mailboxes?
In any case, increase verbosity (or debug level) and check the logs for clues.

--
Sahil Tandon <[hidden email]>