Mail loops back to myself help

Jsilliman-2
I am having an issue where I cannot receive any mail from the outside without it bouncing back, nor can I telnet to my local Postfix mail port and send mail without receiving this error message:

to=<[hidden email]>, relay=none, delay=0.06, delays=0.02/0.03/0/0, dsn=5.4.6, status=bounced (mail for mail.example.com loops back to myself)

I've spent hours researching this issue and just can't nail it down.  The hostname is not the mail server name. I can send email out.  The MX record is okay.

Hostname = server1.example.com
Mail name = mail.example.com

Output of postconf -f:

postconf -n
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
append_dot_mydomain = no
biff = no
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
config_directory = /etc/postfix
content_filter = amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
html_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix/html
inet_interfaces = all
mailbox_size_limit = 0
mydestination = localhost, localhost.localdomain, mail.silliman.com
myhostname = server1.silliman.com
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8
myorigin = /etc/mailname
proxy_read_maps = $local_recipient_maps $mydestination $virtual_alias_maps $virtual_alias_domains $virtual_mailbox_maps $virtual_mailbox_domains $relay_recipient_maps $relay_domains $canonical_maps $sender_canonical_maps $recipient_canonical_maps $relocated_maps $transport_maps $mynetworks $virtual_mailbox_limit_maps
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix
receive_override_options = no_address_mappings
recipient_delimiter = +
relayhost =
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Ubuntu)
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/smtpd.cert
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/smtpd.key
smtpd_use_tls = yes
transport_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_transports.cf
virtual_alias_domains =
virtual_alias_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf, mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_email2email.cf
virtual_gid_maps = static:5000
virtual_mailbox_base = /home/vmail
virtual_mailbox_domains = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_domains.cf
virtual_mailbox_limit_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailbox_limit_maps.cf
virtual_mailbox_limit_override = yes
virtual_mailbox_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf
virtual_maildir_extended = yes
virtual_maildir_limit_message = "The user you are trying to reach is over quota."
virtual_overquota_bounce = yes
virtual_uid_maps = static:5000

Re: Mail loops back to myself help

Wietse Venema
Jsilliman:
> I am having an issue where I cannot receive any mail from the outside
> without it bouncing back, nor can I telnet to my local Postfix mail port and
> send mail without receiving this error message:
>
> to=<[hidden email]>, relay=none, delay=0.06, delays=0.02/0.03/0/0,
> dsn=5.4.6, status=bounced (mail for mail.example.com loops back to myself)

You almost cetainly screwed up one of your mysql tables.

Replace your mysql tables by plain hash: files. Only AFTER Postfix
works as intended, replace one table at a time with mysql.

http://www.postfix.org/DATABASE_README.html#preparing

        Wietse