Maildrop and alternate outgoing port

Bruce-74
I am trying to use maildrop for a vacation/autoresponder - and it has worked well.  However, now I'm having issues with it occasionally rejecting vacation messages as spam.  I currently have an authenticated outgoing-only port 2525 to send and bypass the spam filter completely, but I can't figure out how to make maildrop use it.

Is there any trick to this that any of you have seen before?

--
Bruce Sackett
Office Equipment Company
Em. [hidden email]

Re: Maildrop and alternate outgoing port

mouss-2
Bruce wrote:
> I am trying to use maildrop for a vacation/autoresponder - and it has
> worked well.

a lot of people claim this, but we keep getting annoying junk from
borked responders. can you show that you're doing enough to protect us
from junkscatter?

>   However, now I'm having issues with it occasionally
> rejecting vacation messages as spam.

who is "it"? if maildrop rejects its own mail, then it's a maildrop issue.

> I currently have an authenticated
> outgoing-only port 2525 to send and bypass the spam filter completely,
> but I can't figure out how to make maildrop use it.

maildrop doesn't talk smtp. it can call whatever program you want
though. so you can either use a specific postfic instance (if you don't
know what this means, just ignore) or run a program that submits via smtp.