Mailing list manager recommendation?

Tom Browder
I need an mailing list manager (MLM) and plan to eventually use GNU Mailman 3 (MM3).  Until its installation process is easier, I would like to use an interim MLM that is easiest to install.  Ideally I would be able to import mail from the interim MLM into MM3.

Note: I have installed MM2 in the past, but don't want to use it again due to its restriction on list names (the list names must be unique over all domains, e.g., [hidden email] and [hidden email] are not both legal list names).
Does anyone have any recommendations?

I can also, for a short while, use the group mailing list capability of Postfix, but would prefer an MLM.

Thanks.

With warmest regards,

-Tom

Re: Mailing list manager recommendation?

Geert Stappers-2
On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 02:41:07PM +0000, Tom Browder wrote:

> I need an mailing list manager (MLM) and plan to eventually use GNU Mailman
> 3 (MM3).  Until its installation process is easier, I would like to use an
> interim MLM that is easiest to install.  Ideally I would be able to import
> mail from the interim MLM into MM3.
>
> Note: I have installed MM2 in the past, but don't want to use it again due
> to its restriction on list names (the list names must be unique over all
> domains, e.g., [hidden email] and [hidden email] are not both legal
> list names).
> Does anyone have any recommendations?

Mlmmj - Mailing List Management Made Joyful
http://mlmmj.org/

Groeten
Geert Stappers
Leven en laten leven

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 14:01 Geert Stappers <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 02:41:07PM +0000, Tom Browder wrote:
> I need an mailing list manager (MLM) and plan to eventually use GNU Mailman
> 3 (MM3).  Until its installation process is easier, I would like to use an
> interim MLM that is easiest to install.  Ideally I would be able to import
> mail from the interim MLM into MM3.
> Does anyone have any recommendations?

Mlmmj - Mailing List Management Made Joyful
http://mlmmj.org/

Thank you very much, Geert!

-Tom

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 14:32 Miles Fidelman <[hidden email]> wrote:

I've had very good luck with Sympa

There's also groupserver, which does a good job of combining lists with web-based forum-style access - and is particularly good if your users are going to be setting up and managing their own lists.

Thank you very much, Miles!

-Tom