Mailname and main virtual domain

Alejandro Facultad
Dear all, on my Linux box I have to implement a Postfix mail server with
just three virtual domains called "jerohero.com", "wandadoing.com" and
"lorexjero.com".

If my /etc/hostname filena contains "mail.alejandro.com" and the
/etc/mailname file contains "alejandro.com", is it mandatory to have a
Postfix virtual domain called "alejandro.com" ???  Because I don't need
to use it, just the three fromabove.

Special thanks again !!!

Alejandro

Re: Mailname and main virtual domain

Sahil Tandon
Alejandro Facultad <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all, on my Linux box I have to implement a Postfix mail server with
> just three virtual domains called "jerohero.com", "wandadoing.com" and
> "lorexjero.com".
>
> If my /etc/hostname filena contains "mail.alejandro.com" and the
> /etc/mailname file contains "alejandro.com", is it mandatory to have a
> Postfix virtual domain called "alejandro.com" ???  Because I don't need to
> use it, just the three fromabove.

It is not mandatory to set it as a virtual domain.

--
Sahil Tandon <[hidden email]>