Make Posfix Small Business

Rodrigo Cunha
Hello everybody,
i'm from Brasil and i have a questions about business services with postfix in small costumers.
I worked a postfix in helpdesk and suport, but i have today in my city many enterprises migration your services for google mail.
I whant knew if postfix today it is a product that sells very in small business or only used in big customers.

--
Atenciosamente,
Rodrigo da Silva Cunha

Re: Make Posfix Small Business

Sean Greenslade
On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 06:31:35PM -0300, Rodrigo Cunha wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> i'm from Brasil and i have a questions about business services with postfix
> in small costumers.
> I worked a postfix in helpdesk and suport, but i have today in my city many
> enterprises migration your services for google mail.
> I whant knew if postfix today it is a product that sells very in small
> business or only used in big customers.

Postfix is an open-source MTA that is quite capable of running part of
the core mail systems for both small and large organizations. It is
quite popular, at least according to Wikipedia, which claims 32% of
public-facing mail servers run Postfix.

The question of whether or not to use Postfix is really a question of
whether you as a business want to run your mail system in-house, or
outsource it.

--Sean

Re: Make Posfix Small Business

Rodrigo Cunha
Mesage in portugues:
Obrigado Julio, quero criar um produto com ele para ganhar alguma coisa com o que sei...
mas preciso saber se é vendavel...pensei em criar uma relay para empresas de marketing.
Geralmente os clientes migram tudo para o google, acho que a melhor forma de ganhar alguma grana é montando relay para mailmarketing.

Message in ingles:
Hello Julio, i want to create a product with postfix...but i dont know if this product is easy to sell.I think create a mail relays for mailmarketing products.Usualli my local customers uses google mail services in your MX.

Rodrigo da Silva Cunha

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 07:25:26PM -0300, Rodrigo Cunha wrote:
> Message in ingles:
> Hello Julio, i want to create a product with postfix...but i dont know if
> this product is easy to sell.I think create a mail relays for mailmarketing
> products.Usualli my local customers uses google mail services in your MX.

Well, Postfix is open-source, and therefore free. If you wish to sell
it, you would have to verify that the license allows you to do so, then
find some way of adding value to it to justify your price.

--Sean

Re: Make Posfix Small Business

Wietse Venema
Sean Greenslade:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 07:25:26PM -0300, Rodrigo Cunha wrote:
> > Message in ingles:
> > Hello Julio, i want to create a product with postfix...but i dont know if
> > this product is easy to sell.I think create a mail relays for mailmarketing
> > products.Usualli my local customers uses google mail services in your MX.
>
> Well, Postfix is open-source, and therefore free. If you wish to sell
> it, you would have to verify that the license allows you to do so, then
> find some way of adding value to it to justify your price.

The important license requirement is that you make your Postfix
source code available (the license was written before software as
a service became popular, but please do the right thing if your
business model is based on Postfix).

        Wietse