Man-Page postalias/postmap missing lmdb:

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Man-Page postalias/postmap missing lmdb:

Dirk Stöcker
Hello,

openSUSE is switching from hash: to lmdb: in recent postfix version 3.5.8
(I assume to get rid of old legacy libraries).

Now postmap and postalias will by default use lmdb:, but the man pages for
these two tools don't even contain lmdb:

Can lmbdb: please be added to the man pages so the default is not
something undocumented anymore (web documentation has lmdb: description)?

Ciao
--
https://www.dstoecker.eu/ (PGP key available)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Man-Page postalias/postmap missing lmdb:

Wietse Venema
Dirk St?cker:

> Hello,
>
> openSUSE is switching from hash: to lmdb: in recent postfix version 3.5.8
> (I assume to get rid of old legacy libraries).
>
> Now postmap and postalias will by default use lmdb:, but the man pages for
> these two tools don't even contain lmdb:
>
> Can lmbdb: please be added to the man pages so the default is not
> something undocumented anymore (web documentation has lmdb: description)?

Which files? I don't have time to review 130+ files.

The low-effort solution is to find documentation that mentions "dbm"
and to replace these with (or to add) "lmdb". "dbm" was the default
on AIX, Solaris, HP-UX.

        Wietse
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Man-Page postalias/postmap missing lmdb:

Wietse Venema
Wietse Venema:

> Dirk St?cker:
> > Hello,
> >
> > openSUSE is switching from hash: to lmdb: in recent postfix version 3.5.8
> > (I assume to get rid of old legacy libraries).
> >
> > Now postmap and postalias will by default use lmdb:, but the man pages for
> > these two tools don't even contain lmdb:
> >
> > Can lmbdb: please be added to the man pages so the default is not
> > something undocumented anymore (web documentation has lmdb: description)?
>
> Which files? I don't have time to review 130+ files.

I updated postalias/postmap for Postfix 3.6. A snapshot will go out
once I have time.

        Wietse

> The low-effort solution is to find documentation that mentions "dbm"
> and to replace these with (or to add) "lmdb". "dbm" was the default
> on AIX, Solaris, HP-UX.
>
> Wietse
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Man-Page postalias/postmap missing lmdb:

Dirk Stöcker
Hello,

>>> openSUSE is switching from hash: to lmdb: in recent postfix version 3.5.8
>>> (I assume to get rid of old legacy libraries).
>>>
>>> Now postmap and postalias will by default use lmdb:, but the man pages for
>>> these two tools don't even contain lmdb:
>>>
>>> Can lmbdb: please be added to the man pages so the default is not
>>> something undocumented anymore (web documentation has lmdb: description)?
>>
>> Which files? I don't have time to review 130+ files.

Sorry, I thought "man page for postalias/postmap" is specific enough.

In my case I refered to postfix-3.5.8/man/man1/(postalias.1|postmap.1)

> I updated postalias/postmap for Postfix 3.6. A snapshot will go out
> once I have time.

Thanks.

Ciao
--
https://www.dstoecker.eu/ (PGP key available)