MariaDB versus MySQL

@lbutlr
Are there any config changes that need to be made in postfix when moving from mysql to MariaDB 10.0?

Apple broke AppleScripting signatures in Mail.app, so no random signatures.

Re: MariaDB versus MySQL

Sven Hoexter
On Sat, Dec 16, 2017 at 10:15:18PM -0700, @lbutlr wrote:
> Are there any config changes that need to be made in postfix when moving from mysql to MariaDB 10.0?

No, made the switch on several systems with the Debian/jessie to Debian/stretch move.
If you're running a self compiled postfix, build with a very old libmysqlclient, it might be
wise to recompile due to ABI version changes.

Sven

Re: MariaDB versus MySQL

Ron Guerin
On 12/17/2017 12:15 AM, @lbutlr wrote:
> Are there any config changes that need to be made in postfix when moving from mysql to MariaDB 10.0?

No, but be aware,  I've done 3 conversions now on Debian and none of them
has gone correctly.  At the least you should expect to have to run
mysql_upgrade manually.

- Ron

Re: MariaDB versus MySQL

@lbutlr
On 17 Dec 2017, at 10:16, Ron Guerin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 12/17/2017 12:15 AM, @lbutlr wrote:
>> Are there any config changes that need to be made in postfix when moving from mysql to MariaDB 10.0?
>>

> No, but be aware,  I've done 3 conversions now on Debian and none of them has gone correctly.  At the least you should expect to have to run mysql_upgrade manually.

I run mysql_upgrade pretty much automatically. :)

I rebuilt postfix-current from scratch via ports[1] (it's much better about not defaulting to unsupported addons that annoy Wietse) and removed all of mysql before installing MariaDB

Seems OK.

Thanks! (And Sven also)

[1] make uninstall && make clean && make config && portmaster -Rf mail/postfix-current

--
Apple broke AppleScripting signatures in Mail.app, so no random signatures.