Max connection error message

Drexl Spivey
Hello,

I suspect this is equal parts a problem from Thunderbird, as it is
anything else. But, I am getting an error message:

Unable to connect to your IMAP server. You may have exceeded the maximum
number of connections to this server. If so, use the Advanced IMAP
server Settings dialogue to reduce the number of cached connections.

Is there a way to "fix"/massage this from within Postfix? I have a few
different users have the exact same problem, and would rather not have
to go one-by-one to each client and tweak something client side.

I just can't access the mail server, send mail, save drafts, or anything.

If I translocate via vpn, then it works.

Thanks in advance.

--
https://www.little-beak.com
"Doing what we can."

Re: Max connection error message

Wietse Venema
Esteban L:
> Hello,
>
> I suspect this is equal parts a problem from Thunderbird, as it is
> anything else. But, I am getting an error message:
>

> Unable to connect to your IMAP server. You may have exceeded the maximum
> number of connections to this server. If so, use the Advanced IMAP
> server Settings dialogue to reduce the number of cached connections.

This is not a POSTFIX error message.

On 1/15/2020 2:08 PM, Esteban L wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I suspect this is equal parts a problem from Thunderbird, as it is
> anything else. But, I am getting an error message:
>

> Unable to connect to your IMAP server. You may have exceeded the maximum
> number of connections to this server. If so, use the Advanced IMAP
> server Settings dialogue to reduce the number of cached connections.
>

> Is there a way to "fix"/massage this from within Postfix? I have a few
> different users have the exact same problem, and would rather not have
> to go one-by-one to each client and tweak something client side.
>
> I just can't access the mail server, send mail, save drafts, or anything.
>
> If I translocate via vpn, then it works.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Postfix does not provide IMAP service.  You need to increase the
connections allowed in your IMAP server - dovecot or whatever.

Re: Max connection error message

Drexl Spivey
Thank you Noel, just need a nudge in the right direction =)

--
https://www.little-beak.com
"Doing what we can."