Message sent per open connection

Mickael B

Hi,

I try to change the source code of postfix to allow postfix to send more than one message per open connection.

I want to create a new value like message_per_open_connect=

I use the rate delay >0 that for the concurrency limit at 1.

I also try to change this setting in source code and change the concurrency force at 1 when rate delay >0.

I want to create a transport map and define the a specifique concurrency with rate delay >0

For exemple :

Rate delay at 6s

Concurrency limit at 3

Has anyone ever tried to change the source code as well?

Thank for your help

Mick

Re: Message sent per open connection

lst_hoe02
Zitat von Mickael B <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>

> I try to change the source code of postfix to allow postfix to send more
> than one message per open connection.
>
> I want to create a new value like message_per_open_connect=
>
> I use the rate delay >0 that for the concurrency limit at 1.
>
> I also try to change this setting in source code and change the concurrency
> force at 1 when rate delay >0.
>
> I want to create a transport map and define the a specifique concurrency
> with rate delay >0
>

> For exemple :
>

> Rate delay at 6s
>
> Concurrency limit at 3
>

> Has anyone ever tried to change the source code as well?
Maybe you are missing this one:

http://www.postfix.org/CONNECTION_CACHE_README.html

Regards

Andreas

smime.p7s (8K) Download Attachment

RE: Message sent per open connection

Mickael B

For information in source code the line where concurrency is force at 1 when rate delay is >0 here

if (transport->rate_delay > 0)

                transport->dest_concurrency_limit = 1;

    if (transport->dest_concurrency_limit != 0

    && transport->dest_concurrency_limit < transport->init_dest_concurrency)

                transport->init_dest_concurrency = transport->dest_concurrency_limit;

Mick

RE: Message sent per open connection

Mickael B
I already read this but the cache connection are in time and I prefer to use
the cache connection per message
If I do that :
smtp_connection_cache_on_demand = yes
smtp_connection_cache_destinations = hotmail.com
And I want to limit to hotmail destination to send per open connection over
10 messages.
Then close the connection
Because I need also to setup the rate delay to limit the number of
connection per time unit for exemple limit the number of connection per
hours

Mick

> I try to change the source code of postfix to allow postfix to send more
> than one message per open connection.
>
> I want to create a new value like message_per_open_connect=
>
> I use the rate delay >0 that for the concurrency limit at 1.
>
> I also try to change this setting in source code and change the
concurrency

> force at 1 when rate delay >0.
>
> I want to create a transport map and define the a specifique concurrency
> with rate delay >0
>

> For exemple :
>

> Rate delay at 6s
>
> Concurrency limit at 3
>

> Has anyone ever tried to change the source code as well?

Maybe you are missing this one:

http://www.postfix.org/CONNECTION_CACHE_README.html

Regards

Andreas

Re: Message sent per open connection

Mickael B:
> I try to change the source code of postfix to allow postfix to
> send more than one message per open connection (while rate-limiting
> at one per 6 seconds).

It is anti-social to keep a remote SMTP connection idle for several
seconds. If you need to send lots of email, you must not use Postfix
to bypass the acceptable use policies for a "home user" ISP account.

RE: Message sent per open connection

Mickael B
The ISP ask the social sending method is send message per open connection
I just want to keep the connection open to send my message and respect the
recommendation of ISP.
I'm not sending email from my home user ISP account, I'm sending my
newletter from my server with Postfix MTA and webmin

Mick

> I try to change the source code of postfix to allow postfix to
> send more than one message per open connection (while rate-limiting
> at one per 6 seconds).

It is anti-social to keep a remote SMTP connection idle for several
seconds. If you need to send lots of email, you must not use Postfix
to bypass the acceptable use policies for a "home user" ISP account.

Re: Message sent per open connection

Wietse Venema
Mickael B:
> I try to change the source code of postfix to allow postfix to
> send more than one message per open connection (while rate-limiting
> at one per 6 seconds).

Wietse:
> It is anti-social to keep a remote SMTP connection idle for several
> seconds. If you need to send lots of email, you must not use Postfix
> to bypass the acceptable use policies for a "home user" ISP account.

Mickael B:
> I'm not sending email from my home user ISP account, I'm sending my
> newletter from my server with Postfix MTA and webmin

On this mailing list we type reply text BELOW the replied-to
text, which is shortened to just provide the necessary context.

Support for Postfix covers only features that can be configured in
main.cf and master.cf. As documented in CONNECTION_CACHE_README,
the connection reuse parameters and default values are:

Used in         Parameter name and default value
scache(8)       connection_cache_ttl_limit = 2s
scache(8)       connection_cache_status_update_time = 600s

smtp(8)         smtp_connection_cache_destinations =
smtp(8)         smtp_connection_cache_on_demand = yes
smtp(8)         smtp_connection_cache_time_limit = 2s
smtp(8)         smtp_connection_reuse_time_limit = 300s

If you set any of these parameters in master.cf, they must be set
with the daemon program that uses the parameter, otherwise the
parameter setting will have no effect.

There is no support for source-code changes.

RE: Message sent per open connection

Mickael B
If I create specific transport like slow and high
Slow_connection_cache_time_limit = 2s
High_connection_cache_time_limit = 5s

I have to add the value in scache(8) and smtp(8)?

Used in         Parameter name and default value
scache(8)       connection_cache_ttl_limit = 2s
scache(8)       connection_cache_status_update_time = 600s

smtp(8)         smtp_connection_cache_destinations =
smtp(8)         smtp_connection_cache_on_demand = yes
smtp(8)         smtp_connection_cache_time_limit = 2s
smtp(8)         smtp_connection_reuse_time_limit = 300s

> I try to change the source code of postfix to allow postfix to
> send more than one message per open connection (while rate-limiting
> at one per 6 seconds).

Wietse:
> It is anti-social to keep a remote SMTP connection idle for several
> seconds. If you need to send lots of email, you must not use Postfix
> to bypass the acceptable use policies for a "home user" ISP account.

Mickael B:
> I'm not sending email from my home user ISP account, I'm sending my
> newletter from my server with Postfix MTA and webmin

On this mailing list we type reply text BELOW the replied-to
text, which is shortened to just provide the necessary context.

Support for Postfix covers only features that can be configured in
main.cf and master.cf. As documented in CONNECTION_CACHE_README,
the connection reuse parameters and default values are:

Used in         Parameter name and default value
scache(8)       connection_cache_ttl_limit = 2s
scache(8)       connection_cache_status_update_time = 600s

smtp(8)         smtp_connection_cache_destinations =
smtp(8)         smtp_connection_cache_on_demand = yes
smtp(8)         smtp_connection_cache_time_limit = 2s
smtp(8)         smtp_connection_reuse_time_limit = 300s

If you set any of these parameters in master.cf, they must be set
with the daemon program that uses the parameter, otherwise the
parameter setting will have no effect.

There is no support for source-code changes.

Re: Message sent per open connection

Wietse Venema
Mickael B:
> If I create specific transport like slow and high
> Slow_connection_cache_time_limit = 2s
> High_connection_cache_time_limit = 5s

There is no documentation that supports this, therefore these
are not Postfix features.

> I have to add the value in scache(8) and smtp(8)?

If you have more than smtp(8) in master.cf, you will
have to specify some smtp parameters in master.cf.

There is no need for more than one scache(8) in master.cf,
so it is better to keep scache parameters in main.cf.