More questions about anvil(8)

Jordi Espasa Clofent-5
Hello list,

I'm very close to finish the configuration of anvil(8) on my Postfix
servers according my needs. One more question  (related to
http://marc.info/?l=postfix-users&m=122538095412823&w=2.) here. When
anvil(8) rejects a message because of it has exceeded the restrictions
(smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit or smtpd_client_recipient_rate_limit
in my case)

¿how can I know _when_ the SMTP sender will try to deliver the rejected
message again?

I can ask it in another way ¿how many time the anvil(8) rejects the
"offender" SMTP deliveries? I can see in SMTP-sender logs that it try to
deliver again an again, but SMTP-reciever (with anvil(8), of course)
rejects it.

Jordi Espasa Clofent

Re: More questions about anvil(8)

Jim Wright
On Nov 17, 2008, at 2:50 AM, Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:

> ¿how can I know _when_ the SMTP sender will try to deliver the
> rejected message again?

That is entirely up to the configuration of the sending system,
anywhere from Never to 24 hours or more.