Multiple transports

Stephen Atkins-2
Not sure if this has been answered before but...

Is it possible to have two transports for the same host?  I'm looking at
setting up a second server and would like my gateway mail server to send
it to both the main server and the backup.  I know this would cause
problems with people getting two of the same email if they switched over
to the other server.  Really what I'm looking at doing is bringing up a
more powerful server and once it is all configured and can accept mail
properly I'll just point the pop/imap dns to the new server.  I'm hoping
that all of this would happen in a hour or so so the duplicates won't be
to many.

--
Stephen Atkins
Information Systems
Cell: (403) 510-8333
Fax: (403) 244-3774

Re: Multiple transports

mouss-2
Stephen Atkins wrote:

> Not sure if this has been answered before but...
>
> Is it possible to have two transports for the same host?  I'm looking
> at setting up a second server and would like my gateway mail server to
> send it to both the main server and the backup.  I know this would
> cause problems with people getting two of the same email if they
> switched over to the other server.  Really what I'm looking at doing
> is bringing up a more powerful server and once it is all configured
> and can accept mail properly I'll just point the pop/imap dns to the
> new server.  I'm hoping that all of this would happen in a hour or so
> so the duplicates won't be to many.

You can use vritual_alias_maps:

[hidden email]   [hidden email], [hidden email]

(use a script to generate the list for all valid users, or use *sql to
generate it "on the fly", .... etc).

Alternatively, you can use pcre/regexp recipient_bcc_maps (search the
archives. This has been discussed few times).

Re: Multiple transports

Magnus Bäck
On Wednesday, May 28, 2008 at 22:47 CEST,
     Stephen Atkins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not sure if this has been answered before but...

This exact question is asked and answered regularly (at least once a
month).

> Is it possible to have two transports for the same host?  I'm looking
> at setting up a second server and would like my gateway mail server to
> send it to both the main server and the backup.

Multiple deliveries requires multiple recipients. Split each recipient
in two using virtual alias maps.

[hidden email]        [hidden email], [hidden email]

[...]

--
Magnus Bäck
[hidden email]