Multiple users and multiple servers

David Martinez-2

Hello.

I'm currently trying to configure postfix in order to have different sets of users on two different servers, but all on the same domain.

That is: server1 must receive mail for a well known set of users, and server2 must receive e-mail for the rest of them
Both, server1 and server2 should receive mail for domain "abc.org".

Users of first server reach their e-mail using a web interface on http://server1.abc.org/webmail
Users of second server do the same on  http://server2.abc.org/webmail

But all of them have account of the form "[hidden email]"

I've been googling a lot but I have not found some example of this.

Can anybody please recommend me something to read ?

Thanks in advance !

Saludos
David

Re: Multiple users and multiple servers

Wietse Venema
David Martinez Cuevas:

> Hello.
>
> I'm currently trying to configure postfix in order to have different sets of
> users on two different servers, but all on the same domain.
>
> That is: server1 must receive mail for a well known set of users, and
> server2 must receive e-mail for the rest of them
> Both, server1 and server2 should receive mail for domain "abc.org".
>
> Users of first server reach their e-mail using a web interface on
> http://server1.abc.org/webmail
> Users of second server do the same on  http://server2.abc.org/webmail
>
> But all of them have account of the form "[hidden email]"
>
> I've been googling a lot but I have not found some example of this.
>
> Can anybody please recommend me something to read ?

Use virtual_alias_maps (not: virtual_alias_domains):

    [hidden email] [hidden email]

Or transport_maps:

    relay_domains = example.com
    relay_recipient_maps = table with valuid email addresses
    [hidden email] smtp:server1.example.com

RE: Multiple users and multiple servers

Stephen K Cheboi
I have a somehow related problem.
My mail server uses lmtp:unix:/opt/insight/var/imap/socket/lmtp to transport
mails. I want postfix to forward or redirect a mail for a user in my domain
(e.g. [hidden email] )to another user in test server am currently configuring
e.g [hidden email].
At the test server I can send mail to [hidden email], but from the mail
server cannot send mail to [hidden email].
Everytime I do that , I get the following error;

<[hidden email]> (expanded from <[hidden email]>): host
    /opt/insight/var/imap/socket/lmtp[/opt/insight/var/imap/socket/lmtp]
said:
    550-Mailbox unknown.  Either there is no mailbox associated with this
    550-name or you do not have authorization to see it. 550 5.1.1 User
unknown

Can anyone help?

Stephen

LMI have a mail server runningwant to configure postfix from a mail server
so that mail send to an alias account e.g. [hidden email] is forwarded to a
user1@maila test mail server such that e-mail intended for
[hidden email] plan have a mail server where all company users are

> I'm currently trying to configure postfix in order to have different sets
of

> users on two different servers, but all on the same domain.
>
> That is: server1 must receive mail for a well known set of users, and
> server2 must receive e-mail for the rest of them
> Both, server1 and server2 should receive mail for domain "abc.org".
>
> Users of first server reach their e-mail using a web interface on
> http://server1.abc.org/webmail
> Users of second server do the same on  http://server2.abc.org/webmail
>
> But all of them have account of the form "[hidden email]"
>
> I've been googling a lot but I have not found some example of this.
>
> Can anybody please recommend me something to read ?

Use virtual_alias_maps (not: virtual_alias_domains):

    [hidden email] [hidden email]

Or transport_maps:

    relay_domains = example.com
    relay_recipient_maps = table with valuid email addresses
    [hidden email] smtp:server1.example.com

        Wietse