Need a resolution to a weird error

The Doctor
Looks as if postifx will not send to mailbox
which has close to 50M in the mailbox.

Can this be overriden?

--
Member - Liberal International This is [hidden email]
Ici [hidden email] God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
Never Satan President Republic!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.  -Eric Hoffer

Re: Need a resolution to a weird error

Barney Desmond
2009/6/24 Evan Platt <[hidden email]>:

> At 08:54 PM 6/23/2009, you wrote:
>>
>> Looks as if postifx will not send to mailbox
>> which has close to 50M in the mailbox.
>
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html
>
> mailbox_size_limit (default: 51200000)
>
> The maximal size of any <http://www.postfix.org/local.8.html>local(8)
> individual mailbox or maildir file, or zero (no limit). In fact, this limits
> the size of any file that is written to upon local delivery, including files
> written by external commands that are executed by the
> <http://www.postfix.org/local.8.html>local(8) delivery agent.
>
> This limit must not be smaller than the message size limit.
>
> Or am I misunderstanding ?

Yes, that sounds right to me. I've not run into the "limits other
locally-delivered files, not just mailboxes" thing, but I'll believe
the docs. For the sake of mentioning it, you can't size-limit users'
maildirs in this way with stock Postfix (unless the mails coming in
are hitting that 50mb limit). This is good or bad depending on what
you want.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 09:02:19PM -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

> At 08:54 PM 6/23/2009, you wrote:
>> Looks as if postifx will not send to mailbox
>> which has close to 50M in the mailbox.
>>
>> Can this be overriden?
>
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html
>
> mailbox_size_limit (default: 51200000)
>
> The maximal size of any <http://www.postfix.org/local.8.html>local(8)
> individual mailbox or maildir file, or zero (no limit). In fact, this
> limits the size of any file that is written to upon local delivery,
> including files written by external commands that are executed by the
> <http://www.postfix.org/local.8.html>local(8) delivery agent.
>
> This limit must not be smaller than the message size limit.
>
> Or am I misunderstanding ?

Thank you taht is what I was after.