No one has responded to either of my posts

No one has responded to either of my posts

bperrotta
I found the answer to my problem.
Postfix wont mount if you have a bad fstab entry
in Suse Linux 12.3. Figured it out from a post
talking about a bad cifs mount in initab in linux forums.
a little disappointed in this mailing list so far.
But dont want to cheese anyone off in case I have any
Other postfix questions.

Re: No one has responded to either of my posts

Michael Tokarev
21 марта 2014 г. 5:22:24 GMT+04:00, bperrotta <[hidden email]> wrote
>I found the answer to my problem.
>Postfix wont mount if you have a bad fstab entry
>in Suse Linux 12.3. Figured it out from a post

Wow. Postfix does not mount anything at all, and does not read fstab. However, if some filesystem on your system isn't mounted properly, any software might malfunction, including whole system becoming unbootable.

>talking about a bad cifs mount in initab in linux forums.

If you tried to put mounts to inittab, sure it won't work because mounts goes to fstab not inittab. By puttint mounts to inittab you're risking to break your init which is the main process on your system.

Oh well.

>a little disappointed in this mailing list so far.
>But dont want to cheese anyone off in case I have any
>Other postfix questions.

/mjt from android phone

Re: No one has responded to either of my posts

Miles Fidelman
bperrotta wrote:
> I found the answer to my problem.
> Postfix wont mount if you have a bad fstab entry
> in Suse Linux 12.3. Figured it out from a post
> talking about a bad cifs mount in initab in linux forums.
> a little disappointed in this mailing list so far.
> But dont want to cheese anyone off in case I have any
> Other postfix questions.

First off, a bad fstab entry has nothing to do with postfix.

Second - how can you be "disappointed in this mailing list," for not
responding to your earlier posts - when there were no posts to respond
to (there is absolutely nothing from you in the archives).

Third - how can you expect not to cheese anyone off, after complaining
about how none of us responded to your non-existant posts?

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is.   .... Yogi Berra

RE: No one has responded to either of my posts

Terry Gilsenan

Hello,

I suspect postfix is the least of your problems. You seem to be having some difficulty managing linux as an OS, never mind as an MTA.

fstab, inittab, cifs,.... These are OS and FS issues and would be affecting everything that relies on them. None of them are postfix issues.

This mailing list is one of the best there is, and is actually dedicated to the support of "postfix" not OS admin training.

Do you have a subscription to a general linux mailing list? I suspect you could benefit greatly from that.

===[Disclaimer]===
This electronic transmission, including any attachments, is confidential, may contain privileged information and should be read or retained only by the intended recipient. If you received this message in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Any review, dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.