[OFF] SPF

Marcio Luciano Donada
Hi,

I am now using the policyd as shown below:

main.cf
# SPF
spfpolicy_time_limit = 3600
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = ...
check_policy_service unix: private / spfpolicy

master.cf
#SPF
spfpolicy unix - nn - - spawn
        user = nobody argv = /usr/lib/postfix/policyd

now the message below is due to the SPF spfpolicy_time_limit:

warning: problem talking to server private/spfpolicy: Connection timed

But the problem is that I am still in the logs
"server configuration problem"

When disable the rules of SPF of postfix, I have no further message
"server configuration problem"

Some ideas.
--
Márcio Luciano Donada <mdonada at auroraalimentos dot com dot br>
Aurora Alimentos - Cooperativa Central Oeste Catarinense
Departamento de T.I.

Re: [OFF] SPF

Reinaldo Gil Lima de Carvalho
On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Márcio Luciano Donada
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am now using the policyd as shown below:
>
> main.cf
> # SPF
> spfpolicy_time_limit = 3600
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions = ...
> check_policy_service unix: private / spfpolicy
>
> master.cf
> #SPF
> spfpolicy unix - nn - - spawn
>        user = nobody argv = /usr/lib/postfix/policyd

Dont use blank here:

spfpolicy unix - nn - - spawn
       user=nobody argv=/usr/lib/postfix/policyd

> now the message below is due to the SPF spfpolicy_time_limit:
>
> warning: problem talking to server private/spfpolicy: Connection timed

Run /usr/lib/postfix/policyd press Enter and if you see:
action=DUNNO

Its fine.

--
Reinaldo de Carvalho
http://korreio.sf.net
http://python-cyrus.sf.net

Re: [OFF] SPF

Scott Kitterman-4
On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 14:56:10 -0200 Márcio Luciano Donada <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am now using the policyd as shown below:
>
>main.cf
># SPF
>spfpolicy_time_limit = 3600
>smtpd_recipient_restrictions = ...
>check_policy_service unix: private / spfpolicy
>
>master.cf
>#SPF
>spfpolicy unix - nn - - spawn
>        user = nobody argv = /usr/lib/postfix/policyd
>

>now the message below is due to the SPF spfpolicy_time_limit:
>
>warning: problem talking to server private/spfpolicy: Connection timed
>
>But the problem is that I am still in the logs
>"server configuration problem"
>
>When disable the rules of SPF of postfix, I have no further message
>"server configuration problem"
>
>Some ideas.

I'm not sure what version you have, but your setup does not line up with the upstream recommendations.  I'm out of the office and don't have the docs, but if you get the latest version at http://www.openspf.org/Software and check, that may help.

Scott K