OT: Help implementing an alias with external addresses (LDAP)

OT: Help implementing an alias with external addresses (LDAP)

Márcio Merlone

Hi all,

I manage  a postfix server for our company with only one mail domain a1.ind.br. All mailUser's are on a LDAP database as are mailGroup's, transport tables, etc. When I need to create an alias I create something like this on ldap:

# TI, Aliases, a1.ind
dn: cn=TI,ou=Aliases,dc=a1,dc=ind
objectClass: mailGroup
cn: TI
member: uid=marcio.merlone,ou=People,dc=a1,dc=ind
member: uid=roberto.tirapelle,ou=People,dc=a1,dc=ind
member: uid=jackson.lino,ou=People,dc=a1,dc=ind
member: uid=hoberdan.campos,ou=People,dc=a1,dc=ind
mail: [hidden email]

Now I need to create an alias pointing to external addresses AND add it to another LDAP alias [hidden email]:

# External, Aliases, a1.ind
dn: cn=external,ou=Aliases,dc=a1,dc=ind
objectClass: mailGroup
cn: external
member: [hidden email]
member: [hidden email]
member: [hidden email]
member: [hidden email]
mail: [hidden email]

This is not possible since 'member' attribute expects a dn. And, in order to be able to use it inside another alias, I have to stay on LDAP, so no hash or aliases tables on filesystem. Have anyone come across this situation and found a way to go?

Thanks for any hint, sorry for OT. Best regards.

--
Marcio Merlone