OT: can anybody tell me what is wrong here

OT: can anybody tell me what is wrong here

John Allen
Sorry to bring this here but I cannot see what my problem is!! email to cogeco.ca is being rejected with the folowing message

<recipient address hidden> host MX.cogeco.ca[216.221.81.26] said: 451 Postmaster
      Code 5 - #4.1.8 Domain of sender address<[hidden email]>   does not resolve.
      Le domaine<[hidden email]>, utilis?? pour envoyer le courriel, ne se r??sout
      pas. (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

However every test that I perform comes back normal. I have also used offsite services such as MXtools, dnsstuff; neither of them show any problems.

What am I missing?

John A

Re: OT: can anybody tell me what is wrong here

Claus Assmann-22

DROP not a Postfix problem!!: OT: can anybody tell me what is wrong here

John Allen

On 14/10/2014 11:14 PM, Claus Assmann wrote:
On Tue, Oct 14, 2014, John wrote:
<recipient address hidden> host MX.cogeco.ca[216.221.81.26] said: 451 Postmaster
     Code 5 - #4.1.8 Domain of sender address[hidden email]   does not resolve.
Try again, it's just a temporary error.

BTW: cool error message with those 8 bit chars in it:
utilisé pour envoyer le courriel, ne se résout pas

Re: DROP not a Postfix problem!!: OT: can anybody tell me what is wrong here

Wietse Venema
John:

> On 14/10/2014 11:14 PM, Claus Assmann wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 14, 2014, John wrote:
> >> <recipient address hidden> host MX.cogeco.ca[216.221.81.26] said: 451 Postmaster
> >>       Code 5 - #4.1.8 Domain of sender address<[hidden email]>   does not resolve.
> > Try again, it's just a temporary error.
> >
> > BTW: cool error message with those 8 bit chars in it:
> > utilis? pour envoyer le courriel, ne se r?sout pas

Some REMOTE MAIL SERVER is not accepting your mail.  If you want
to know why, ask the people who are responsible for the REMOTE MAIL
SERVER.

Re: DROP not a Postfix problem!!: OT: can anybody tell me what is wrong here

John Allen
Thank you.
Yes that is/was the problem!
An automatic update to my system broke DNSSEC tools, so it did not roll, no roll, no notice to update the DLV ....
Temp solution, drop DNSSEC while I try to fix the DNSSEC tools.
John:
On Tue, Oct 14, 2014, John wrote:
<recipient address hidden> host MX.cogeco.ca[216.221.81.26] said: 451 Postmaster
      Code 5 - #4.1.8 Domain of sender address[hidden email]   does not resolve.
Try again, it's just a temporary error.

BTW: cool error message with those 8 bit chars in it:
utilis? pour envoyer le courriel, ne se r?sout pas
Some REMOTE MAIL SERVER is not accepting your mail.  If you want
to know why, ask the people who are responsible for the REMOTE MAIL
SERVER.

	Wietse