[OT] looking for a good mobile MUA

Wesley Peng-12
Hello

On desktop I always use Thunderbird for MUA.

Thunderbird is clean and lite, handling protocol well.

But for mobile (I primarily use iOS), I couldn't find a good MUA to use.

I tried almost every release on appStore (outlook, edison, bluemail,
spark, mymail...), they are either too complicated to use, or not
following email standard (for example, can't choose plaintext composer,
or can't setup sender auth username different from the email address, or
never handle SSL correctly), or showing the message body ugly.

Can you suggest a suitable mobile MUA? it should like thunderbird, be
fast, clean, standard, and easy to use.

Thanks.
(sorry for this OT message)

Re: [OT] looking for a good mobile MUA

Robert Schetterer-2
Am 21.03.20 um 10:25 schrieb Wesley Peng:

> Hello
>
> On desktop I always use Thunderbird for MUA.
>
> Thunderbird is clean and lite, handling protocol well.
>
> But for mobile (I primarily use iOS), I couldn't find a good MUA to use.
>
> I tried almost every release on appStore (outlook, edison, bluemail,
> spark, mymail...), they are either too complicated to use, or not
> following email standard (for example, can't choose plaintext composer,
> or can't setup sender auth username different from the email address, or
> never handle SSL correctly), or showing the message body ugly.
>
> Can you suggest a suitable mobile MUA? it should like thunderbird, be
> fast, clean, standard, and easy to use.
>
> Thanks.
> (sorry for this OT message)

https://alternativeto.net/software/k-9/?platform=iphone

shows some alternate clients

--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG, 80333 München

Re: [OT] looking for a good mobile MUA

Benny Pedersen-2
On 2020-03-21 10:25, Wesley Peng wrote:

> Can you suggest a suitable mobile MUA? it should like thunderbird, be
> fast, clean, standard, and easy to use.

with all your requirements i cant say if aquamail works or not for you,
but it does for me :=)

Re: [OT] looking for a good mobile MUA

황병희-2
Robert Schetterer <[hidden email]> writes:

> https://alternativeto.net/software/k-9/?platform=iphone

+1, k-9 was/is good for me(android user) ;;;

Sincerely, Byung-Hee

^고맙습니다 _白衣從軍_ 감사합니다_^))//

Re: [OT] looking for a good mobile MUA

@lbutlr
On 21 Mar 2020, at 03:25, Wesley Peng <[hidden email]> wrote:
> But for mobile (I primarily use iOS)

I’ve used a lot of mail clients on iOS and I always end up back on the included Mail.app. Many of the 3rd party ones require giving the developer access to my mail (that’s not happening) and the rest offer some features but none seem to be as stable as Apple’s own.

--
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If
        you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it

Re: [OT] looking for a good mobile MUA

Victoriano Giralt-2
El dom, 29-03-2020 a las 11:15 +0900, 황병희 escribió:
> Robert Schetterer <[hidden email]> writes:

> > https://alternativeto.net/software/k-9/?platform=iphone
>
> +1, k-9 was/is good for me(android user) ;;;

I was a K-9 user and promoter since a do not remember when ... but I
recently found a fork through F-Droid (the Android Opensource App
repository) that, to me, is much more powerful, so much that I have
supported the author buying the (not really needed) for-pay extras.

It is called FairEmail, really powerful MUA (not as much as a desktop one)
but almost there. For example, it needs a bit better "classical" reply
editing (see this message), but it is bearable. And it can use both PGP and
X.509 for signing and encrypting.

https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/blob/master/FAQ.md

--
Victoriano Giralt                             Innovation Director
Digital Transformation Vicerectorate          University of Malaga