[OT] software to check whether you are blacklisted?

[OT] software to check whether you are blacklisted?

Herta Van den Eynde-2
I've found several companies that offer this as a service, but does
anyone know of software that helps you find out if your postfix server
has been blacklisted?

Alternatively,  does anyone know of an exhaustive list of 'blacklists'
for e-mail servers?

Kind regards,

Herta

"Life on Earth may be expensive,
 but it comes with a free ride around the Sun."

Re: [OT] software to check whether you are blacklisted?

Joe-274
Herta Van den Eynde wrote:
> I've found several companies that offer this as a service, but does
> anyone know of software that helps you find out if your postfix server
> has been blacklisted?
>
> Alternatively,  does anyone know of an exhaustive list of 'blacklists'
> for e-mail servers?

http://www.robtex.com/rbl/

Joe

Re: [OT] software to check whether you are blacklisted?

Jorey Bump
Herta Van den Eynde wrote, at 07/16/2008 06:36 PM:
> I've found several companies that offer this as a service, but does
> anyone know of software that helps you find out if your postfix server
> has been blacklisted?

http://openrbl.org/

If you're looking to script something, the Net::DNSBLLookup perl module
can be useful.

Herta Van den Eynde wrote:
> I've found several companies that offer this as a service, but does
> anyone know of software that helps you find out if your postfix server
> has been blacklisted?

there are at least two perl modules to help you.
below is a silly shell script... (but perl or the like are better at
such tasks).

> Alternatively,  does anyone know of an exhaustive list of 'blacklists'
> for e-mail servers?

don't try to be exhaustive. there are too many lists (including many
dead or unreasonable ones). see spamlinks.net.

====== silly script
#!/bin/sh

ip=$1
if [ -z $ip ]; then
     echo "Usage: $0 ip"
     exit 1
fi

IPL=""
IPL="${IPL} WL:list.dnswl.org"

IPL="${IPL} BL:zen.spamhaus.org"
IPL="${IPL} BL:bl.spamcop.net"
IPL="${IPL} BL:korea.services.net"
IPL="${IPL} BL:dnsbl.sorbs.net"
IPL="${IPL} BL:dnsbl.ahbl.org"
IPL="${IPL} BL:dnsbl.njabl.org"
IPL="${IPL} BL:psbl.surriel.com"

###############
revcheck() {
     _zone=$1
     _revip=$2

     _zonetype=`echo ${_zone} | awk -F: '{print $1}'`
     _zone=`echo ${_zone} | awk -F: '{print $2}'`
     echo -n "${_zonetype}: ${_zone}: ";

     host ${_revip}.${_zone} | \
        sed -ne '/has address/s/.* has address //p' | \
         while read _resp; do
             echo -n "${_resp} "
         done
     echo
}

echo "======> Checking $ip:"
echo "rDNS: "
host $ip | sed -e 's/.* domain name pointer //' \
        -e 's/.*: //' -e s'/^/    /';

echo "Country: ";
echo -n "    "; geoiplookup $ip | sed 's/.*: //';

revip=`echo $ip| awk -F\. '{print $4 "." $3 "." $2 "." $1}'`

for _zone in ${IPL}; do
     revcheck ${_zone} ${revip}.${_zone}
done
################ EOF

Re: [OT] software to check whether you are blacklisted?

Matt Rude-3
Herta Van den Eynde wrote:

> I've found several companies that offer this as a service, but does
> anyone know of software that helps you find out if your postfix server
> has been blacklisted?
>
> Alternatively,  does anyone know of an exhaustive list of 'blacklists'
> for e-mail servers?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Herta

Look at http://www.mxtoolbox.com/services_servermonitoring.aspx they
will email you when you are blacklisted or are having some other problems.

-Matt