Override a transport configuration parameter with its own name

Msd

Override a transport configuration parameter with its own name

Msd
Hi,

1. In master.cf, is it possible to override a transport configuration
parameter with its own name ? Like this :

     transportname   unix  -       -       n       -       1       smtp
       -o transportname_destination_rate_delay=1s

If I can't, why ?

2. Can I use 'default_xxx' or 'smtp_xxx' ? Like this :

     transportname   unix  -       -       n       -       1       smtp
       -o default_destination_rate_delay=1s

Regards,

Msd

Re: Override a transport configuration parameter with its own name

Wietse Venema
[hidden email]:
> Hi,
>
> 1. In master.cf, is it possible to override a transport configuration
> parameter with its own name ? Like this :
>
>      transportname   unix  -       -       n       -       1       smtp
>        -o transportname_destination_rate_delay=1s

This setting has no effect. The transport_destination_rate_delay
feature is documented in the queue manager (qmgr) manpage, not in
the manpages for any of the Postfix delivery agents.

        Wietse
Msd

Re: Override a transport configuration parameter with its own name

Msd
Hi Wietse,

Thank you for your reply,

That's why it wasn't working as expected !

So, just to be sure, is this syntax valid (destination_concurrency_limit
is this time documented in the smtp manpage) ?

   transportname   unix  -       -       n       -       1       smtp
     -o transportname_destination_concurrency_limit=3

Or do I have to use "-o smtp_destination_concurrency_limit=3" ?

Regards,

Msd

Re: Override a transport configuration parameter with its own name

Wietse Venema
[hidden email]:
> Hi Wietse,
>
> Thank you for your reply,
>
> That's why it wasn't working as expected !
>
> So, just to be sure, is this syntax valid (destination_concurrency_limit
> is this time documented in the smtp manpage) ?

Alas, that's a bug in the manpage. This parameter should be in a
section that says the setting is enforced by the queue manager. Added
to the TODO list.