Policy Daemon in python

Gary Smith-20
Does anyone have a simple policy daemon written in Python they would be willing to share? I was looking at policy but that's overkill and it might require some tweaking just to support my tiny requirements.

Gary Smith

Re: Policy Daemon in python

Scott Kitterman-4
On Friday, March 25, 2011 05:35:01 pm Gary Smith wrote:
> Does anyone have a simple policy daemon written in Python they would be
> willing to share? I was looking at policy but that's overkill and it might
> require some tweaking just to support my tiny requirements.
>
> Gary Smith

Sure.

https://launchpad.net/pypolicyd-spf

Scott K

RE: Policy Daemon in python

Gary Smith-20
> Sure.
>
> https://launchpad.net/pypolicyd-spf
>
> Scott K

Scott,

Thanks. Looks much simpler than the other ones that I have looked at. I really need to have a single check for sasl_username and compare it against a set of canned rules from stats in a memcached server, and either return "DUNNO" or "HOLD" so trying to tweak the other ones out there was more of an issue of trying to understand them first.

Gary