Post-upgrade script finds wrong version

Rich Shepard
I'm migrating to a new desktop as my server/workstation. Postfix-3.3.2 was
installed so I just upgraded to -3.4.6. When I ran postfix set-permissions
upgrade-configuration it returned
  chown: cannot access '/usr/doc/postfix-3.3.1/README_FILES': No such file or
directory

I cannot find the set-permissions script so I can fix the version error.
What is the proper way to resolve this issue?

TIA,

Rich

Re: Post-upgrade script finds wrong version

Wietse Venema
Rich Shepard:
> I'm migrating to a new desktop as my server/workstation. Postfix-3.3.2 was
> installed so I just upgraded to -3.4.6. When I ran postfix set-permissions
> upgrade-configuration it returned
>   chown: cannot access '/usr/doc/postfix-3.3.1/README_FILES': No such file or
> directory

These pathnames are stored in $meta_directory/postfix-files (you
can use "postconf meta_directory" to find out where that is).

I suppose you copied that postfix-files file over from some different
machine?

        Wietse

On Mon, 5 Aug 2019, Wietse Venema wrote:

> These pathnames are stored in $meta_directory/postfix-files (you can use
> "postconf meta_directory" to find out where that is).

Wietse,

Yes, that's /etc/postfix/ here.

> I suppose you copied that postfix-files file over from some different
> machine?

Must have copied that directory from the existing desktop.

Fixing the version number in main.cf allowed set_permissions
upgrade_configuration to run and upgrade master.cf too.

Thanks very much,

Rich