Postfix 2.8.x and archive options

Josef Karliak-2
   Good morning,
   I know about Postfix's "always_bcc" that sends all emails to
another email mailbox. But are there some other options to archive
emails ? For example all emails will be copied to a some direcotory.
How do you solve your emails archoves ?
   Thanks and best regards
   J.Karliak.

--
Ma domena pouziva zabezpeceni a kontrolu SPF (www.openspf.org) a
DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP) . Pokud mate problemy s dorucenim emailu,

attachment0 (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Postfix 2.8.x and archive options

Robert Schetterer
Am 11.10.2012 07:28, schrieb Josef Karliak:
>   Good morning,
>   I know about Postfix's "always_bcc" that sends all emails to another
> email mailbox. But are there some other options to archive emails ? For
> example all emails will be copied to a some direcotory. How do you solve
> your emails archoves ?
>   Thanks and best regards
>   J.Karliak.

if mail delivered to another mailbox , this mailbox
may have filters like sieve, which can sort and create auto maildir
folder named by date/user + in/out
( may ask i.e dovecot list )
or use some special archive software

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

Re: Postfix 2.8.x and archive options

Josef Karliak-2
   Hi,
   thanks for answer. I forgot to write our daily email's count -
about 40000. And as a email system we use cyrus. But I thought if
postfix could store emails for archiving, alternate for "always_bcc" ...
   J.K.

Am 11.10.2012 09:13, schrieb Josef Karliak:
>   Hi,
>   thanks for answer. I forgot to write our daily email's count - about
> 40000.

number is not that relevant for basic archive actions, relevant for the
archive storage is how much mail must be stored, where and for how long
and what is the archive policy , is it for i.e restore etc, as well
there may law related stuff, for special archive goals there is special
archive software in www

And as a email system we use cyrus. But I thought if postfix
> could store emails for archiving, alternate for "always_bcc" ...

what you dont like on postfix always_bcc ( or sender recipient bcc )?
for sure there are possibilities like write copy with milter or policy
server etc....so what is your exact archive idea, what depence are you
trying to goal with your archive...?

--
Mfg
Best Regards
Robert Schetterer

Re: Postfix 2.8.x and archive options

Josef Karliak-2
   Hi,
   I want all emails.
   Email could be filtered as a spam (false positive). Co I want to
have an option to resend the email - copy it into a spool or so. First
option is that I've all emails in the another mailbox (in the cyrus
mail system), the email could be forwarded to an original recipient.
Second option is that we've all  emails from the Postfix copied into a
some directory, file's names will be like postfix's queue id. So I
check mail log for the filtered email, I know it id, move or copy the
file named by that id into a "resend" and postfix will send it.
   I presume that we will archive emails for a month, archive is
mostly used only for "false positive spam".
   Or what are your expericiencies ? How do you solve emails filtered
by spam (flase positives) ? Ok, one option is only marking and not
filtering, but our users ..................
   Thanks

Am 11.10.2012 11:12, schrieb Josef Karliak:

>   Hi,
>   I want all emails.
>   Email could be filtered as a spam (false positive). Co I want to have
> an option to resend the email - copy it into a spool or so. First option
> is that I've all emails in the another mailbox (in the cyrus mail
> system), the email could be forwarded to an original recipient. Second
> option is that we've all  emails from the Postfix copied into a some
> directory, file's names will be like postfix's queue id. So I check mail
> log for the filtered email, I know it id, move or copy the file named by
> that id into a "resend" and postfix will send it.
>   I presume that we will archive emails for a month, archive is mostly
> used only for "false positive spam".
>   Or what are your expericiencies ? How do you solve emails filtered by
> spam (flase positives) ? Ok, one option is only marking and not
> filtering, but our users ..................
>   Thanks
>   J.K.

Hi Josef,

look ideas from

http://www.arschkrebs.de/postfix/postfix_archive.shtml

http://www.archiveopteryx.org/

mail archive may also be possible with amavis
which might fit best to your needs using combined quarantaine functions
with amavis

--
Mfg
Best Regards
Robert Schetterer

Re: Postfix 2.8.x and archive options

Birta Levente
On 11/10/2012 12:40, Robert Schetterer wrote:

> Am 11.10.2012 11:12, schrieb Josef Karliak:
>>    Hi,
>>    I want all emails.
>>    Email could be filtered as a spam (false positive). Co I want to have
>> an option to resend the email - copy it into a spool or so. First option
>> is that I've all emails in the another mailbox (in the cyrus mail
>> system), the email could be forwarded to an original recipient. Second
>> option is that we've all  emails from the Postfix copied into a some
>> directory, file's names will be like postfix's queue id. So I check mail
>> log for the filtered email, I know it id, move or copy the file named by
>> that id into a "resend" and postfix will send it.
>>    I presume that we will archive emails for a month, archive is mostly
>> used only for "false positive spam".
>>    Or what are your expericiencies ? How do you solve emails filtered by
>> spam (flase positives) ? Ok, one option is only marking and not
>> filtering, but our users ..................
>>    Thanks
>>    J.K.
>
> Hi Josef,
>
> look ideas from
>
> http://www.arschkrebs.de/postfix/postfix_archive.shtml
>
> http://www.archiveopteryx.org/
>
> mail archive may also be possible with amavis
> which might fit best to your needs using combined quarantaine functions
> with amavis

Yes, amavis work very well for me from years ago with quarantine. Amavis
send me notification if spam, virus or badh arrive, then if the spam is
false positive I can release it from quarantine. You can release from
quarantine to the original recipient or even to any other specified
recipient. My setup keep quarantine for 30 days.
But I can't call this archive and not 100% clear for me what you want:
first all emails, later "mostly used only for false positive spam".

Levi