Postfix Bootcamp / School

Carlwill
Does anyone know if  there is a recommended U.S. school / training
camp that offers a Postfix support? I checked the Postfix website and
there appears to be some but they're international.

My company has training funds & the only thing I would really like to
have a better understanding of is Postfix and how to make it my server
as smooth as possible.

I know many people are going to recommend "The Book of Postfix" which
I own 2 copies of (work and home) but would still like to attend
something more direct.

Thanks!

Man your battle stations...

Re: Postfix Bootcamp / School

Carlwill
On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 1:59 PM, mouss <[hidden email]> wrote:
> and you're where? and you'd pay what?

I am in Orlando, FL. Price depends on the length of training. I guess
I would like to leave that open to see what that is worth.

Ideally we would pay to have a consultant come down to Orlando or do
over the phone support to build a new system from scratch and assist
us in configuration of Postfix, RBL, Spam, and other mail features
based on our environment. Since I can't seem to find anyone who offers
such a service, I guessed a Postfix support class was the next best
thing. Price is really dependent on what is offered and included for
what length of time.

- Carlos

Re: Postfix Bootcamp / School

Carlwill
On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Daniel L. Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hmmm...I always wanted to see Florida...<g>.

To be clear, I am fully capable of installing a vanilla Postfix server
up and getting it to send and receive email. I am looking for someone
who has extensive Postfix understanding and knowledge. Just someone
who can explain the in's and out's of the server and make sure it is
running at top level including 3rd party add-ons like Amavisd-new,
Spamassassin, and Clamav.

- Carlos

Re: Postfix Bootcamp / School

Carlos Williams wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 1:59 PM, mouss <[hidden email]> wrote:

I fail to find this in the archives ;-p

>> and you're where? and you'd pay what?
>
> I am in Orlando, FL. Price depends on the length of training. I guess
> I would like to leave that open to see what that is worth.
>
> Ideally we would pay to have a consultant come down to Orlando or do
> over the phone support to build a new system from scratch and assist
> us in configuration of Postfix, RBL, Spam, and other mail features
> based on our environment. Since I can't seem to find anyone who offers
> such a service, I guessed a Postfix support class was the next best
> thing. Price is really dependent on what is offered and included for
> what length of time.

The start of it is a stop. stop forwarding other people mail to the
public. if you want public help, this list is the right place. if you
want private help, use a private channel. and no, this list is not for
private help or business.