Postfix DKIM

Pavel Georgiev
I`m looking for a way to integrate DKIM into a postfix setup and I see plenty
of solutions (dkim-milter,Mail-DKIM, DKIMproxy) so I have few questions.

1) Which is the best solution here  (dkim-milter,Mail-DKIM, DKIMproxy, etc.)

2) Which is the best if I use postfix 2.2 (no milters), should I use it or
should I upgrade to 2.3+ (I`m using Ubuntu 6.06 which comes with postfix 2.2
and upgrade to 2.3+ would mean upgrade of the distro which may be a lot of
work)

3) How does dkim handle forwarded mail (local account is an alias) - should it
sign the message

4) How does dkim handle (or how to configure) DKIM for virtual domains

Thanks!

RE: Postfix DKIM

MacShane, Tracy

Regarding upgrading Ubuntu, it's not "a lot of work", unless you have a
highly customised environment (in which case you probably wouldn't be
using Ubuntu). A successful upgrade of 6.06 LTS to 8.04 LTS is outlined
here:
http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2008/04/03/dapper-to-hardy-direct-server-upg
rade-works/, and is pretty much the straightforward do-release-upgrade
process.

I believe the Postfix version shipped with Hardy is 2.5.1.

Sorry not to provide any info on DKIM, but my understanding of
DKIM-Proxy is that it just uses Mail-DKIM to do the actual work. I don't
see any problems using DKIM-Proxy on Postfix 2.2, but it may be that the
milter is more efficient.

Re: Postfix DKIM

Scott Kitterman-4
On Tuesday 27 May 2008 21:42, MacShane, Tracy wrote:

> [...]

Alternatively, there are later (2.4.5 or 2.5.1) Postfix versions available in
dapper-backports for all architectures except AMD64 so you could just update
that from backports.  The packaged version of dkim-milter 2.4.0 is available
from the same place.

I'd recommend a distro specific list to discuss this further if needed:

The version of Postfix in the current Ubuntu release (Hardy) is 2.5.1 with
additional patches that make it look a lot like 2.5.2-rc1.

Scott K

Re: Postfix DKIM

Ralf Hildebrandt
* Pavel Georgiev <[hidden email]>:
> I`m looking for a way to integrate DKIM into a postfix setup and I see plenty
> of solutions (dkim-milter,Mail-DKIM, DKIMproxy) so I have few questions.
>
> 1) Which is the best solution here  (dkim-milter,Mail-DKIM, DKIMproxy, etc.)

amavisd-new

--
Ralf Hildebrandt ([hidden email])          [hidden email]
Postfix - Einrichtung, Betrieb und Wartung       Tel. +49 (0)30-450 570-155
Programmer /n./ A red-eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing with
inanimate objects.

Re: Postfix DKIM

D. Walsh

Re: Postfix DKIM

Pavel Georgiev
On Wednesday 28 May 2008 09:50:15 Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> * Pavel Georgiev <[hidden email]>:
> > I`m looking for a way to integrate DKIM into a postfix setup and I see
> > plenty of solutions (dkim-milter,Mail-DKIM, DKIMproxy) so I have few
> > questions.
> >
> > 1) Which is the best solution here  (dkim-milter,Mail-DKIM, DKIMproxy,
> > etc.)
>
> amavisd-new

Just to clarify, that involves dkim-milter as described here
http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/amavisd-new-docs.html#dkim, right?

Re: Postfix DKIM

Xavier Beaudouin
Hi!

Pavel Georgiev wrote:

> On Wednesday 28 May 2008 09:50:15 Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
>> * Pavel Georgiev <[hidden email]>:
>>> I`m looking for a way to integrate DKIM into a postfix setup and I see
>>> plenty of solutions (dkim-milter,Mail-DKIM, DKIMproxy) so I have few
>>> questions.
>>>
>>> 1) Which is the best solution here  (dkim-milter,Mail-DKIM, DKIMproxy,
>>> etc.)
>> amavisd-new
>
> Just to clarify, that involves dkim-milter as described here
> http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/amavisd-new-docs.html#dkim, right?

No Amavisd-new 2.6.0 now can works without dkim-milter.

/Xavier

Re: Postfix DKIM

Jake Vickers-2
Pavel Georgiev wrote:
> I`m looking for a way to integrate DKIM into a postfix setup and I see plenty
> of solutions (dkim-milter,Mail-DKIM, DKIMproxy) so I have few questions.
>
> 1) Which is the best solution here  (dkim-milter,Mail-DKIM, DKIMproxy, etc.)

I use dkimproxy for outgoing messages myself, and have been happy with it.