Postfix - GID depending delivery.

Marcin Rzepecki
Hello,

I have two users groups with mailboxes on 2 different machines. I would
like to deliver messages for one of them directly to local mailboxes on
machine1 and e.g. forward messages for the others to machine2 to avoid
mounting group2 mailboxes via nfs. Is there a way to deliver mail
depending on users unix gid with Postfix? I'm running Postfix with
virtual domains, without any sql backends.

Best regards,

--
Marcin Rzepecki
m.rzepecki(at)iem.pw.edu.pl

Re: Postfix - GID depending delivery.

Wietse Venema
Marcin Rzepecki:
> Hello,
>
> I have two users groups with mailboxes on 2 different machines. I would
> like to deliver messages for one of them directly to local mailboxes on
> machine1 and e.g. forward messages for the others to machine2 to avoid
> mounting group2 mailboxes via nfs. Is there a way to deliver mail
> depending on users unix gid with Postfix? I'm running Postfix with
> virtual domains, without any sql backends.

No, but you can set up a local(8) aliases entry

/etc/aliases:
    userfromgroup1: user@group1server
    userfromgroup2: user@group2server

You can even have the same file on both servers.

This is how I avoided delivery over NFS in a university
network where the user population was spread across 10
servers. People could still read mail over NFS.

Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 09:11:40PM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:
> /etc/aliases:
>     userfromgroup1: user@group1server
>     userfromgroup2: user@group2server
>
> You can even have the same file on both servers.

OK. I'll try in this way.
Thanks for quick answer :-)

--
Marcin Rzepecki